Chapter 24: "Tracking Time by Citizen"

Harry's POV

It had been 7 years and 10 months since I first met her.

She was married ,too good for old friends, and I still couldn't get over her.

I'm was so pathetic she was fucking another man, I kept painting her body and face so I would never forget what she looked like.

The first time I saw her nude. I'd never been so captivated in my life. I wanted her to just lay and let me paint her for hours. But back then I hadn't mastered her porcelain skin tone yet.

I was at Louis flat when Sammy answered the phone. Her expression faulted and the mug in her hand shattered on the floor.

"Brookie?" The name foreign on her tongue.

3 years. We hadn't talked to her in 3 years. Our number were all blocked. But I knew better. When I tried her cell from a payphone it wouldn't go through either. She didn't block just our numbers... She'd blocked everyone's.

"Yeah I'll be right over.." Sammy said hanging up the phone. She stood staring at the wall for a minute. "My best friend just invited me over for tea I do believe."

Poor Sammy. She was so hurt when we found out about the 'Blocked Brookie Brigade' (we had a lot of free time on our hands....) as we called it. She couldn't even tell her best friend that she was engaged.

Louis loved Brookie too....as a best friend. We all did. She was -not was- is a high spirited person and was like a missing piece of the sun.

As for I, it's obvious I love her. I could never not love her. She was everything I'd ever wanted. Like the painting I first made for her. When everything was black and white except her... Because she brings color to my world. She's like a star and her light could never be obtained.

Relief flooded over me when I knew that she had the possibility of coming back into my life, or our life. We all missed her, and she made things so much more enjoyable. It was like the final piece of the puzzle we were missing.

The last thing I expected was for her to come back in to my life...today.

Sammy walked in the door and trailing behind her was my sunlight. Bringing hope into my deepest parts of my being. When her eyes saw me sitting on the couch she ran into my arms and hugged me.

I picked her up and spun her around. Hearing her squeal in my arms brought a prideful nostalgic feeling into my whole body.

"Haz! I've missed you so much!" Brookie laughed as I set her down. The pleased smirk on Sammy and Louis's faces brought even more happiness into me.

"I know! And wow your voice... it sounds so ladylike."

"Oh, it's from my etiquette classes, sorry." She giggled. "That felt nice."

"To laugh?" I raised an eyebrow intrigued.

"Yeah...I'm not allowed to- I mean I don't get to laugh that often.... It's improper." She explained.

"Since when do you care about being proper?" I ask thinking about the girl who would make dirty jokes at the dinner table and do even dirtier things on that table.

"Everyone has parts they have to play. Mine just happened to be one of pristine and etiquette." She laughed.

She'd changed so much but when I heard that sound of her laughing I knew it was still the Brookie I loved. She wasn't in those old beat to hell Converse or those skinny jeans. But it was the same smile and the beautiful sound of her laughter that I've know for years.