Chapter 40: Sneaking Out, First Birthday, & Happy Pill

Start from the beginning

We sat there for a while, playing piano and enjoying each other's company until we decided to go back so nobody would come looking for us. It was honestly a pretty great birthday.

*****

-Monday, April 5, 2021~8:51PM-

~Jiwoo's POV~

The night was coming to an end and we were all cleaning up the practice room, just about finished when Heaven came up to me.

"Hey birthday girl." She greeted me.

"Hello, Heaven...unnie right?" I wanted to make sure.

"Unfortunately, yes." She sighed, disappointed at the fact that she was the oldest in Royal Colors.

"Why unfortunate?" I asked. "That means you have control over everyone."

Heaven's eyes widened as if she had just been enlightened. "I never thought about that~ OMO, I'm so going to use my age to my advantage now."

I snickered, her doing the same.

"So how did you enjoy your first ever RC birthday?" Heaven asked me.

"It was good." I said. "There's always a lot going on, though."

"Oh yes." Heaven agreed. "You could honestly slip out as the birthday boy or girl and nobody would even notice."

I snickered at her sense of humor. It was definitely my style.

"I like your sense of humor." I told her bluntly.

She smiled. "Thank you."

We spent the last of cleaning up chatting and getting to know each other as I was still so new to Royal Colors. I found out she was from Australia and that fellow RC member Evil was her brother. She also found out a lot about me. I seriously enjoyed her company and I hoped this was the start of a new friendship.

*****

-Friday, April 23, 2021~2:04PM-

~JC's POV~

It had only been two hours of my birthday party and I was starting to feel down. Ever since my brother's group disbanded, I haven't exactly been like myself. Because they were my idols and role-models, it's seriously affected me and I haven't been able to be my happy self.

Feeling a bit down, I took a seat in the corner and just put my head down. I started to think about my brother and tried to keep myself from crying. That's when somebody came up to me.

"JC?"

Recognizing the voice, I cleared up my tears and lifted my head, seeing D.NK.

"Were you crying?!" He asked, sitting down in front of me.

I flashed a fake smile and shook my head. "Of course not."

He sighed angrily. "Don't lie to me."

I looked down and started to play with the end of my skirt. I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

"JC, can I be honest with you?" D.NK said, scooting his chair closer so it was directly in front of me.

I looked up at him, a bit surprised as he wasn't the 'talk his mind' type.

"Of course oppa." I replied.

"Do you know what happy pills are?" D.NK asked.

I shook my head as the term didn't sound familiar.

"It's the nickname of the pills somebody with a disorder like depression has to take." He explained. "People take them to help them feel happy."

"I don't need those." I responded, looking down.

"No, but I do." D.NK said, causing me to look up with surprise again. "I used to have to take them when I was younger, and even when I joined RC. But after joining, I didn't need them anymore."

"Why?"

"Because there was something, somebody rather, that made me happy. Somebody that made me look forward to my day, that kept me on my feet."

I smiled as that sounded so beautiful. "That person sounds beautiful."

"She is." He said, looking down with a smile.

"Can I ask who that person is?" I asked out of curiosity, genuinely not knowing.

He looked up at me, our eyes meeting. "JC, it's you."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yes." He nodded. "You're always so happy and optimistic. I enjoy being around you because of it, and I guess you could say you're my happy pill because when I think of you, it automatically makes me happy."

I smiled at the beautiful things that came out of his mouth.

"I don't know what to say, oppa." I said, looking down.

"You don't need to say anything." He said, standing up. "Just start being your happy self again."

I looked back up at him, my mouth falling open as I watched him walk away. I never realized that my mood could effect people like that. Thinking about D.NK's words, I got myself together and started to enjoy my party once more. I was determined to become a 'happy pill' again.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! I thought this chapter was super cute UwU. Sorry for a short Jiwoo chapter but because she's still new, I can't just jump into cute moments like that lol. I'm going to post another chapter after this with their comeback :) so you guys will get two in one day! Woohoo!! Hope you guys enjoyed and I'll see you soon. Biez!

P.S unedited.