05

JAI CHOSEN

SFX: Page flips* 

"You know, Jai. . If you keep on having great grades on to my subject, there's no joke about you'd be the best astronaut within your family." Teacher stated with a bright smile on her face on the screen of my TV.

I just nodded along, "Thank you."

"That's all for today. See you tomorrow." And the TV turned off by itself.

Sigh. . It has been days since what happened to me. Doctors explained to me what happened. The more I think of it, the more it hurts me. The more I think of my disorder, the more it kills me. Why is life a bitch?

Does life hate me? 

4PM. Right. Hindi masyado sunny, hindi rin masyadong malamig. Perfect day for me to paint. 

The nurses suggested that I should forget about the portrait and the teenage boy I saw. It has been bothering and making me crazy. If ever mapapaniginipan ko pa daw siya, I should just ignore it and pretend that I never saw him on to my dream.

They took all my portraits of the teenage boys and they gave me a lot of blank canvas in return. I took all my painting materials, and started painting right close to the window.  If God does hate me. . Then why'd he even bother to let me live up to this day?

"God doesn't hate you. It's they way you think of him does. You know, your mom suffered from cancer before. Breast cancer. But then. . She never stopped praying despite of her situation. She'd cry every night and I could hear her begging to God to let her live hanggang sa araw na maaalala mo mukha niya. Kahit limang taon lang." I could sense that dad's about to cry. His voice's being croaky and his eyes are getting watery.

"And then what happened? I heard that she's now cancer free." I stated with a blank tone on my voice.

"Correct. God is such a great plot twister. He's such a great author. Your mom only asked for five years para mabuhay. But God gave her more than that." Dad then looked at me with a smile on his face.

"Kaya ikaw, never doubt him. Never ever think that he'd leave you. Lahat ng lalaki, iiwan ka, sasaktan ka. Me, and your mom will leave you someday. Ate Jia mo? Magpapakasal 'yan. You'd leave your ate as well. I bet you'll have a boyfriend too, and maybe that boyfriend of yours will leave and hurt you. But God? Never."

I kept on doubting you. I'm loosing sight of you. Am I still on the right path? Please guide me. I'm scared. I'm worried. I'm cold and lost. Send out some signs that I'll be alright, God. Don't forsake me.

ZACCHAEUS STIPHENSON (POV)

"MIKE NICHOLAS DUSK! CATCH ME IF YOU CAN! AAAH! HAHAHAHAHAHA" 
"OH, I BET YOU I CAN! HAHAHAHA!" 

"Eugh. Could you guys cut it out? The kids are looking at you." I uttered.

Alexis placed his arm on to my shoulder (He'd always make me his shoulder-rester) "YEAH! LISTEN TO YOUR HYUNG, GUYS!" 
Hyung: males speaking to older males

"Stop calling me that." I replied.

Alexis just ignored what I just said as he placed his phone on to his ear, "Yeah. I'm here. Where are you?" 

They don't listen what I say. What a chaotic friendship we've got. Jesus.

"AAAAAH!! HELP MEEE! SOMEBODY PLEEEEEEEES!" Beige kept shouting like a total dumb ass and,

"AAAAHH!! I SHOULD BE THE ONE WHO GETS HELP! SOMEBODY! KIDS! KIDS! HELP ME!" And Dumb ass numebr two, Miles looks like a total weirdo in the streets.

Immature brats. 

"I tell you, bro. Ang ganda niya sa totoo lang." Alexis then placed down his elbow that was on my shoulder. 
"Promise, ito na talaga ang babaeng future mo!"

I rolled out my eyes and took out my phone, "I told you, I'm not interested." I then started playing games.

"Huwag ka maging matipid sa salita ha. Be talkative to girls." Alexis kept on suggesting as if I'll be doing those stuff to his girl best friend.

I sighed, "I wanna go home." I murmured.

"Wachu doing?"

"GAH!" I yelled on top of my lungs when Miles suddenly tickled my ears using a feather. I only realized I dropped my phone on to ground as I felt I stepped on something.
"Ah, great. You made me drop and step on to my phone." I uttered with an emotionless tone of voice.

"AAAWW, OUR CUTE LI'L HYUNG IS NOW HAVING A GIRLFRIEND?" As I picked up my phone I looked up to the house.

The house is great. I bet they're also rich-- 

My eyes suddenly locked on to the window where I saw a familiar looking girl. 

"INVITE US IF YOU EVER GET MARRIED, 'KAY?" -Miles
"HAHA! I SHOULD BE THE BEST MAN OF THIS HYUNG OF OURS!" -Alexis
"NO WAY! I SHOULD BE THE ONE BLABLABLABLA. . " -Beige
"I LOOK MORE HANDSOME THAN YOU BLABLABLA. . . " -Miles

She's so. . . Pretty. What's she doing?

". . Yow." I stood up straight and patted Alexis' shoulder. I bet he knows her. I mean, does he? Si Alexis lang naman ata ang lalaking mahilig pumupunta dito sa lugar na 'to. I bet he knows all the girls and people here.

"Yeah, what's wrong? Are you excited 'bout Jia-" Alexis was about to finish his words when I suddenly stopped him mid-sentence.

"No. Do you know her?" I asked, still looking up. I know I've seen her from before. I've seen her once and I didn't expect to see her again--

"Oh, her? You mean Jai Chosen? That's Jia's younger sister. She's unique from their family. She's the only one who has white silver hair." Alexis stated.

"Yeah. . I've. . . Seen her before." I could feel my heart melt. I've never felt this feeling before. 

It has been days since I wanted to see her again. Andito lang pala siya. 

"HEY GUYS!" All of our attention were all caught when suddenly a girl popped out of nowhere.

"JIAAAA!" Alexis then went closer to her and gave her a hug.

Augh. Clingy bastard as always.

I checked my phone if it was s till alive or not, I tried turning it one and pressed my favorite app game. "Still works." I then smiled and was about to leave when suddenly,

"HEEEEP! SANDALI! SANDALI! Ipapakilala pa kita." Ani naman ni Alexis.

"I'm sorry. He gets too shy whenever he meets new girls." Shy my ass. I wish I could just choke you for once, Lex.

I looked at Alexis with a "I could kill you any minute from now, man." look on my face

"Oh, that's okay. Hi, Zacc. Nice to meet you." Jia stated with a smile on her face.

I looked at her and nodded, "Hey."

"WAIT, HOLD UP! HOLD UP!" Miles suddenly barged in.
"TIME OUT! TIME OUT!" And so did Biege.

They both pulled me out and interviewing me like a total idiot, "Hey, dude! What are you doing? That's a girl!" -Biege

"Yeah, treat her well." -Miles

"Hey, if you'd continue being a jerk to a girl, then consider die being single forever." -Beige

"I told you, I'm not interested." I straight up ahead stated. 
"I don't want to send out some mixed signals-" I was about to finish my words when suddenly Miles interrupted me.

"Just give it a shot." 

I gave them a furrowed look on my face, "You'd never listen to me anyway." And just like that, I left.

SFX: Page flips. .