Her brother mean mugged her before to roll his eyes, "You know exactly what I meant idiot."

"I'm not an idiot and that's a fact."

"Stupid ! "

"If you want to fight, I'm down for it ugly."

"We look alike so I conclude you're ugly too."

"Close your mouth, you're so annoying."

"And you stink ! "

"You're jealous, because I'm the perfection itself."

"Perfection, my a-"

"Almar, I dare you to say it ! " Cora warned cutting him off.

Kalvin laughed slightly remembering when him and his siblings used to argue like that. Less with Kaldrick though. But Kalia and him could do it for hours and it was always getting on their mother's last nerves, at a certain point.

Kal felt much better since he was finally talking with his mother. He had missed her, to be honest. Even if she could be a pain in the ass sometimes, he loved spending time with her. After all, he was a mama's boy -but not as much as Terry though- and his mother was his queen. Not talking to her for weeks was killing him slowly inside. All he wanted to do was to put all the unnecessary bullshit in the past and to move forward in life, but then he was really stubborn and was determined to win the little war they were having this time. Yes, the Ryans' stubbornness was definitely something else on this earth. They could be mad at each other for so long just because of that.

"So, can we open them at midnight ? " Almar asked again after a couple of minutes of silence due to them finally focusing on the movie. He shoot a quick look at the pretty well decorated Christmas tree with all the gifts under hoping she was going to give him the answer he was waiting for. 

Cora nodded her head, "Yes. We can do it." 

.

.

.

(1:29 a.m)

After having spent hours to watch different films, Kalvin and Cora decided to cook and the twins proposed their help, so soon they were the four in the kitchen getting the dinner ready singing their favourite songs and dancing together. 

Cora couldn't ask for more. She had everything she needed for the moment. She was finally relaxing and there was no drama anymore. They could finally enjoy life. It was nice to have a break and spending time with people they cared about. Since Thanksgiving, everybody suddenly became an only and big family and they couldn't get enough of each other. One thing was sure, the baby was going to be loved a lot. 

These new changes were great for the twins also, spite of the shit they went through. They haven't their father in their lives and had lost their grandpa who was filling this position, but now they had met Kalvin and thanks to him they got introduced to Kaldrick and Terry also. They had won three good men as role models and in addition now there were Nelson, Yohann and Louis. And on the other hand, there were Kalia, Mama C, Amy, Mikayla and now they had met the adorable Rhana -Nelson's wife- and Mrs.Ryans, who was actually cool people too. And there had always been Roger, who had always been like a big brother to them and the aunties Latoya, Halley and Francesca. Yes, they were well surrounded.