Chapter forty three : Acting differently?

Start from the beginning

Mirajane asked "just lemonade please."

"I'll have water." 

Then the waitress nodded dotting down the drinks in her notepad. She bowed her head and then was gone off to another table.

Laxus shook his head "anyway. You think it's impressive?"

Mirajane shrugged and nodded "well yes. She could be a wizard."

"I doubt it. And she wouldn't be faster than you." Laxus pointed at her.

Mirajane frowned, he obviously didn't ever hear about how it was rude to point at people. She nodded "in my other forms she wouldn't."

Laxus nodded "true."

The waitress walked up to their table and sat down water to Laxus and lemonade down to Mirajane. She whipped out her notepad "do you know what you'll be eating? We have the chef's choice." Mirajane studied the waitress, she couldn't be a wizard. She probably just worked here for a very long time.

Mirajane smiled "I'll have the chef's choice then. Sounds intriguing." She giggled. Laxus suppressed a smirk at her giggle, he always liked her giggle, it was... what's the word?

The waitress nodded and a smile appeared on her face "yes it is. And for you?" She turned to face Laxus. Laxus said "I'll have the same."

Mirajane peered at Laxus, he was acting so... what was the word? Different? Because for one whenever Mirajane served him at the guild he would always have a beer and also he wouldn't just order something he knew nothing about.

The waitress nodded and then she was gone.

Mirajane couldn't help it "why are you acting so different today?"

Laxus furrowed his eyebrows "am I acting bad?"

"Well no- That's not it, you're just being different." Mirajane took a sip of lemonade the cool beverage feeling refreshing.

"You should have heard the amount of crap I heard from Alzack. He was giving me advice which I didn't ask for. It may have rubbed off of me." Laxus made a tch noise.

Mirajane laughed "Alzack gave you advice? That's quite sweet."

 The conversation went smoothly and the food came and turned out to be of the most amazing things they had ever tasted. They shared laughs and it was just so natural. Mirajane smiled "this is nice."

"It is." Laxus nodded.

Just then, mutters began in the restaurant, they got louder and people were shouting "there's a fire over there!" People were rushing to the window to get a good look.

Mirajane and Laxus stood up abruptly and looked out the window to see a house across the road on fire, the windows smashed and fire blazing out. Laxus shouted "someone call the fire services now!" Laxus and Mirajane ran out of the restaurant.

Mirajane jogged with him to the house "how are you going to help?"

Laxus paused. Oh. He had lightning magic. 

"Let me handle it, I can control water remember." Mirajane nodded.

"What your going to transform?" Laxus frowned, she would definitely freak people out if she did, no matter which form she chose. 

Mirajane said "I don't need to, I learned to control water without my Satan soul." They reached the burning house and saw a woman burst out coughing Mirajane ran over to her and sat her down. The woman had smoke covered over her, she coughed "my son and daughter they-" She began choking again, she must have inhaled to much smoke. But she continued "my husband is in there too."