Chapter nineteen : Off to the bookstore

After everyone dried off they did their own thing. Lucy, Natsu and Happy went out to get some food, Jellal, Erza, Gray and Juvia went out to the cinema, Gajeel went off somewhere and Levy was in the room she turned down both offers for food or the movies. She knew she would be like a fifth wheel if she went to the cinema.

Levy stayed in and watched some TV but couldn't find anything interesting. So she got up and got her shoes and bag on and decided to see if a bookstore was nearby.

Levy locked the room door and walked along the corridor and down the steps into the lobby. Levy walked outside and smiled at the nice weather. She decided to start walking to her right. 

Levy walked along weaving through people walking on the path too she passed small supermarkets, clothing shops, fast food restaurants but still nothing. 

She was about to lose hope and walk back when she looked across the road and saw a Waterstones. Levy inside cheered and crossed the road. A make up shop and a tools shop were in between Waterstones.

The door made a jingle noise as she entered the book store. Three of four people were inside looking at the books and some workers were walking around too.

Levy grinned at all the books looming before her. She walked further inside the shop and passed a couple people who smiled kindly at her and she smiled back. Levy stopped at a row of bookshelves with a sign above saying 'fantasy.'

She grinned at all the options and walked along seeing if any books interested her. Levy saw a book called 'Rebel Belle' and picked it out, then she got out 'The night circus.'

Levy quickly checked her purse and groaned, she only had enough for one book.

"What's wrong with you shorty?"

Levy spun around and saw Gajeel standing there with a bag in his hand she could make out lots of iron and nails inside it. Levy then recalled seeing a tool shop next to this shop.

"Oh hey. How come you're in here?" Levy inquired.

Gajeel creased his forehead "well I saw you through the tool shop window and decided to come in." Levy thought that was quite kind for Gajeel, he continued "those two weirdos aren't with you?"

Levy folded her arms "if you are referring to Jet and Droy they are not weirdos and no they are not with me."

"What about everyone else you know like Bunny girl?" Levy rolled her eyes at Gajeel saying bunny girl.

"Well Lucy and Natsu are out getting food and Gray, Juvia, Jellal and Erza are out seeing a movie."

"Why didn't you go to the movies?" Gajeel peered at her.

"Well it would be weird they are all dating so I'd be like a fifth wheel." Levy looked at her shoes.

Gajeel didn't seem to notice her sadness on that "so anyway back to my first question what's wrong with you?" He tried to sound cool but Levy could hear the intent in his voice making her smile.

"Oh it's nothing really I just can't pick what book to buy." Levy showed the two books in her hand. She then looked hard at the books "okay I think I'll get the night-"

"How about I buy you that other one then?" Gajeel blurted out. He then added on "You know.. b-because you bought me coffee in the airport."

Levy creased her forehead "but you paid me back for it?"

He scratched his head "well think of it as a friendly gesture then." 

Levy peered at him wondering if this was actually a doppelganger of the real Gajeel. She walked over to him and poked him on the head.