Things Are Getting Out of Hand

Start from the beginning

I walked into the dimly lit pantry. It was lined with birch wood walls, and that same classic tile flooring. Around me, stone shelves held seasonings and food of all types. Bad being Bad, had organized each food and spice by alphabetical order. Tiny white stickers were placed along the stone shelves.

A-B

C-D

And so on. I traced the shelves with my finger, until I came to the S-T section.

Canned soup

Spaghetti

Sand? What kind of food is sand? Probably something of Skeppy's.

Salt. I reached back and grabbed a large blue jar labeled as such. I carried it out of the pantry and back down the hall, as I approached the entrance to the kitchen, I could hear BBH and Puffy discussing the egg. I swerved to the side of the wall where I couldn't be seen so that I could eavesdrop. I had to know what was going on.

"So it's just, encased in obsidian now?" Bad asked.

"Yea, pretty much. I actually feel less attached now too. And it's finally dawned on me just how ugly those blood veins spreading through my house are." Puffy said. "I'm gonna head out and take care of that."

Huh. I guess it's over. No more being constantly watched. Maybe now, things can go back to normal.

I walked around the corner with the jar of salt, and sat it down. I filled the ceramic salt shaker carefully, attempting to not spill any salt.

"So what was that about-?" I asked.

"Oh nothing. Just egg stuff. Nothing you're interested in, right?" Bad responded.

I almost felt bad. I already stated I was neural. I didn't dislike it, but I certainly didn't worship it and admire it. But I felt as though Bad was hurt by my lack of interest.

"Well, should we go feed it?" I asked, smiling.

Bad's face lit up with excitement. He looked at the clock hung on the wall.

"Yes!" He said, happily. "We are already running late lets go!"

We walked down to the underground cavern where the egg was. The walls were covered head to toe in red vines. The red glow that normally emitted from the egg was no longer there, due to the large obsidian encasing around it. The strange feeling of silent communication I felt when I was near it was no longer present. Well, at least loud enough in the back of my head for me to hear it.

Skeppy and Captain Puffy were already standing around the egg. As we approached I looked at Bad, who was just as confused as I was.

"Skeppy, what brings you here? You aren't really into the whole egg thing." Bad asked.

"Oh, I don't know, I was kind of curious as to what it looked like." Skeppy said, staring up at the massive encased plant.

"Okay.." Bad said. "And you, Puffy? I thought you were going to do some renovations at you're house?"

"I was." Puffy said. "But I saw Skeppy heading this way so I followed."

"Uh-huh." Bad said.

Skeppy unattached his pickaxes from his tool belt.

"Skeppy?" Bad asked. "What are you doing?"

"I want to see the egg." Sleepy said. "Just a small piece at least."

And with that, he brought down his pickaxe, creating a massive gap in the obsidian, about 6 feet tall and a foot or two wide.

"That is not a small pie-!" Bad began. But then he just stopped, mid-protest. He looked around frantically before seeing me and returning to a plain, unamused state. Puffy also sold, stock still, and emotionless.

"Uh, guys?" Skeppy asked.

Skeppy and I exchanged confused glances. Skeppy walked over to me.

"Maybe we should go." He whispered.

"NO!" Bad said. "No one goes anywhere."

"Whoa, whoa." I said. "Bad are you okay?"

"I'm fine." BBH responded harshly.

Skeppy looked back to me.

"I have an idea." He said in a quiet voice.

"Okay." I said. "Go ahead."

"Hey, guys." He said out loud. "Can I have some, um, alone time with the egg?"

Puffy and Bad exchanged looks.

"5 minutes."  Puffy said.

And with that, Bad and Puffy escorted me upstairs, where we sat for what felt like forever. Bad and Puffy sat looking at me the entire time.

"Time." Puffy said.

Wow. She was serious about the 5 minutes.

We walked back downstairs, but Skeppy was nowhere in sight.

"Skeppy?" Bad asked in a concerned tone. Emotion had returned to the two. What had Skeppy done?

"Wait, no, no," Bad said. He ran up to the egg, and pressed his ear against it, the missing obsidian had been replaced.

"Skeppy?" Bad asked. I walked up behind Bad. He began banging on the wall of the encasing.

"Skeppy!?" Bad yelled.

"What happened?" I asked, although I had a feeling I already knew.

"Skeppy trapped himself inside with the Egg."