Seventeen: Like Mother Like Daughter (please help me)

Začít od začátku

"Everything!"

"You aren't making any sense!"

"No you aren't making any sense!"

Jungkook was leaning against the doorframe to the kitchen, arms crossed while watched this weird exchange of affection with an amused grin. So this is why she was like that, huh?Everything made sense now.

Y/N and her mother were really alike. A little too much maybe.

"We just work better when we... show our love from a distance."

Yeah, that made sense now, too.

Jungkook almost felt bad that she'd have to introduce the guy who's been jacking off to the thought of her to this woman.

"Here, put this away you nightmare of a host." Miri shoved her coat and purse into her daughter's arms.

"Lazy bitch." Mumbled Y/N, earning yet another swat on the head.

Finally, Miri noticed Jungkook standing in the doorframe, eyes going wide for a second, "Whoops. Mind telling me who that is? Pfff, surely not your boyfriend." Jungkook choked a bit.

"That, dear mother," Y/N came back from the other room, "Is the utmost bane of my existence."

Jungkook snickered, "I'm her roommate, Jeon Jungkook." He bowed into her mother's direction, feeling smug when a wide smile appeared on the woman's face, her eyes beginning to sparkle.

"Honey! How have you gotten yourself such a fine specimen of a roommate."

Jungkook laughed, "Why thank you."

"Gross." Y/N grimaced, "If you two decide to bone I'll throw both of you out."

"Y/N!" Miri shouted disapproving, though she didn't look opposed, which made Jungkook duck away behind Y/N slightly.

"To answer your question though," His roommate went on more calmly, while leading them into the kitchen, "Hoseok tricked me into accepting him. Like, he got thrown out of his dorms and needed a place to stay."

"Such a rebellious young boy." Miri said with stars in her eyes.

"Oh my god." 

Jungkook was a little confused about the fact that Y/N didn't seem to have told her mother about her roommate. Even more confused about how little Miri minded that very fact. It was like the woman was completely fine with not partaking in her daughter's life.

They sat down in front of the kitchen counter, watching Y/N make them something to drink - that is, she made something for her mother. Jungkook had to serve himself. Asshole.

Miri let her eyes glide over the messy living room, that they ended up not cleaning as expected (to be fair, they did remove the slice of salami). A disapproving frown formed on her face and Jungkook knew that there was an insult incoming - her daughter did just the same when she was about to be mean.

"You life in a literal rat's nest, you nasty."Come on, it wasn't that bad. The main issue were just their working papers, but the rest was pretty tidy.

"Not as bad as how you live, still."

"Shut up, my house is always neat and tidy!"

"Yeah, right." Y/N scoffed, obviously just trying to provoke. 

"Stupid kids know nothing about life, huh?" Miri grimaced, before looking back at Jungkook with a sweet smile, "Not you of course, Jungkook sweetie."

He laughed awkwardly, looking at Y/N in search for help.

She cleared her throat, successfully gaining her mother's attention, "So, when're you gonna leave for the performance?"

"Oh, you mean when are we going to leave?" Miri countered with a smug grin.

"Nu-uh you know how I feel about loud crowds of people."

"Miyeon isn't that popular, darling." Miri said dryly, taking a long sip of her drink, "You'll be fine."

Then she turned to Jungkook again, who had began to avoid eye-contact with her decidedly, "You'll come too, right Jungkook sweetie?"

"Uh." Y/N shot him a glare, but there was no way he'd be rude enough to deny now, "Sure."

His roommate groaned loudly, forehead meeting the table while she fake-weeped over her loss.

Miri patted her daughter's head, "You're thinking too much, like always. It's fine, we'll all be there, baby."

Jungkook didn't know what was more heartwarming.

The fact that Miri was, above all her rough treatment and vulgar words, still so very understanding of her daughter of that she seemed to think that Jungkook was part of the people Y/N felt safe around.

___

*insert it's been so long by the living tombstone* I'm so sorry but I'm trying to survive exams right now, idk how long it will be like this

xx