Three: I'm Not A Creep, I Swear (But...)

Dunno if you guessed it already but I'm not exactly a sociable person - I also just so happen to have a very bad relationship with sleep, my insomnia making it not unusual for me to be sitting on my sofa at 2am, while sketching mindlessly, being awake for 24 hours straight after having slept not more than, maybe, four hours.

Jungkook's usually out on weekends and I think he's gotten used to the sight of me sitting around in the kitchen/living room during ungodly hours, so he wasn't really surprised seeing me awake when he came back real tipsy this Friday night.

"You're... strange..." He mumbled while pulling the fridge open jerkily, grabbing a cooled bottle of water (that he was stocking up in there ever since he moved in, because I would never get the idea of keeping myself hydrated in my own home) chucking it down like a dying man.

I just threw him a salty glance before going back to my sketchbook, opting to ignore the absolute dunce head.

"I mean," He rambled on, moving around the kitchen counter in lazy motions, "How can you function like that?" He feverly gestured towards my scooped together form on the sofa.

"I dont." I answered hushed, barely paying attention.

"You're sick, you gotta be." He snorted, pulling aside one of the stools in front of the counter.

"Well, no shit, Sherlo- ohmygod."

My sarcastic retort got cut off by Jungkook's sudden decision that his shirt was unnecessary, making me avert my eyes frantically.

"Don't act like a fucking virgin." He mocked, throwing his of alcohol reeking shirt at me.

"Sorry, I've never been a good actor." I answered, adding a small "gross" when dodging the dirty shirt.

He almost choked on his water, "You are a virgin?!" He started laughing like the idiot he is, "Fucking loser."

I could've gone on about how my virginity didn't determine my level of maturity or accomplishments, but Jungkook was drunk and never listens to me anyways.

"Whatever." I brushed it off, "Just go to sl-"

the fuck

"Huh?" Jungkook's attention shifted from his water bottle onto me.

I looked down at the sketchbook spread I was currently working on, before slowly lifting my head to look at Jungkook who was sitting on top of the kitchen counter (though I told him at least a thousand times not to).

He cocked his head to the side, "Why're you looking so stupid, you fucking virgin?"

I blinked irritated, staring at the exposed skin of his chiseled chest, the way sweat stuck to his neck and collarbones or the slight movement of his chest and abdomen when he breathed in and out - and then back down onto the paper filled with a bunch of pencil sketches of this very same body in various poses.

I mean, nothing against a good anatomy and pose study (and damn this one turned out well) but this was a little creepy.

"N-Nothing-" I answered, creeped out by my own doings, shutting the book with a force I didn't know I had in me, before getting on my feet quickly, "I'll... go to bed now."

...

...

"Why would you lie about something like that-?"

"Oh, shut up, fuckface."

"The fuck are you calling me-"

I shut the door to my room with a loud bang, flinging my filthy sketchbook in some corner with a groan.

Congratulations, you just reached another level of creepiness. Not only are you drawing gay porn for teenage girls to fetishize. Now you're also drawing your roommate. Naked.

___

Jungkook's head hurt.

Unsurprisingly so, he had drunken about enough last night.

The boys' loud bellowing around him wasn't helping either. They all gathered for breakfast at the cheap diner they frequented, after getting wasted the past night.

"I'm telling you, Hyejin's sucking dick like she was made for it." Taehyung spread is arms behind his head with a satisfied grin, balancing a small spoon between his lips.

"But she's fat-" Jungkook's always known that Woojin was a fucking shithead.

"What does her body type have to do with how she's giving blowjobs?" Hoseok chimed in frowning.

"You wouldn't know." Woojin answered secretively, between two bites of his pancakes, "You're gay."

Hoseok smirked, "Hence I've gotten more than enough blowjobs to tell you about it."

Jungkook tried to blend out the sounds of their voices, covering his eyes with his hands, hoping that it would ease his headache.

A finger tapping his shoulder made him open his eyes again, "Hm?"

Hoseok was looking at him with a hesitant smile, eyes having this familiar glint in his eyes he always got when he was thinking about his best friend, "I asked Y/N already but I wanted to hear it from you as well- how're you doing, living at her place and all?"

Jungkook thought of lying and just brushing it off but last night's argument was still too evident in his mind.

"It's, ugh... well the place is nice." He started vaguely, rubbing his eyes, "But she's, damn, she's hard to get along with."

Hoseok sighed, pouring himself some coffee, "I know, I know. But just... don't be too harsh on her, okay? She went through some rough shit in the past and... having someone like you that close around her is making it worse, I guess." He sighed again, sounding more desperate this time, burying his face in his hands, "God, I should've never made her agree to this. But I wanted to help you too- fuck."

Jungkook didn't understand a thing, "...People like me?"

Hoseok waved vaguely towards the group of idiots (or monkeys, like Y/N would've said), "Like them. It's hard to explain without telling too personal stuff." The brunette looked up at Jungkook pleadingly, "Be patient with her, 'kay? She's got... issues."

"Like being awake at the crack of fucking dawn every fucking night?"

His friend grinned, taking a bottle of syrup to pour over his pancakes, "So she still does it?"

"God, yes." Jungkook was annoyed by just thinking of it. Why didn't she just go to sleep?

Hoseok chuckled, "She told me she'd gotten her sleep pattern under control."

"That's not what I'm seeing." Jungkook grunted, reaching over to take the sticky bottle of syrup for himself, "I don't get it. How does she even do that? Like- how does she function?"

His friend smiled amused, watching him drape the sticky fluid over his own pancakes, "She's not as simple minded as you, Kooks. She's far more complicated than most people I know, guys like us can only try to understand the fucking maze her brain is."

"The fuck are you talking about?!"

Hoseok flicked some of the syrup in his direction teasingly, "I'm just sayin' with all the stuff she constantly thinks about there's no wonder that there isn't any place for sleep in her life."

Jungkook gaped at him for a moment, before deciding that he was in fact too simple minded for this, "She gotta get a hold of her temper, at least."

"Just try to get along, 'kay?"

___

just anxiety tings

xx