Seventeen: Like Mother Like Daughter (please help me)

"My mom's coming over later today, by the way." Was what made Jungkook almost spit out his drink, his beloved roommate having waltzed into the kitchen with an announcement like that.

"Wait, wait, wait- today?!"

She rolled her eyes, "She can be a bit demanding, don't think too much of it."

Jungkook's eyes roamed over the messy kitchen counter, to the in papers covered sofa and finally got stuck on the salami slice that was still glued to one of the windows after Jee's last visit, "Should we... clean up?"

Y/N turned around, following his line of sight, "Oh."

"Yeah."

"...." She stared at the round, pinkish shape decorating the window, "She's so going to make fun of me."

"I mean, we could clean up." Jungkook gave to think once more, hesitance in his voice originating in his own lack of motivation.

"Nah." Both of them finally said in unison.

"We should give her a realistic welcome, am I right?" Y/N chimed enthusiastically, the topic being hereby over for her.

"Why is she coming so sudden in the first place?" Jungkook spun around on the stool next to the kitchen counter, his surroundings spinning while he waited for her answer.

"My cousin-" She started, while rummaging through the candy cupboard, "-has a performance today. You know, she's a trainee under some small label and has her first big thing or whatever. So of course mom wants to come and support her." She took out an old cereal bar, opening it as she went on, "And she thought 'hey, right, I have a daughter in Seoul! Why not visit her!' and told me all of this yesterday night."

"Are you going to join your mom to watch the performance?" Jungkook felt like he knew the answer already.

His roommate made a sour face, "I should, right?" Displeased, she shoved half the cereal bar inside her mouth, "But 'm mnot gon."

"You're a mean cousin, you know that Bambi?" Jungkook stated, promptly having the empty candy wrapping thrown at him.

He wasn't going to hide it; He was pretty curious about her mother. His experience with mother figures was solely limited to whatever his mom had been to him, and that  - at least that's what he'd heard - wasn't exactly a good representation of what such a parental figure is supposed to be.

"So, when's she coming?"

There was no other way to put it: Jungkook was in awe.

Hwang Miri had entered her daughter's apartment and promptly started to insult said daughter, in a way that seemed so terrible familiar to poor Jungkook.

"And you live like this? Can't believe I spent 18 years feeding you just to set free a gremlin like this."

"Fuck you, at least I'm not living in a neighborhood that smells like old people." 

"These old people raised you, brat!" Miri swatted the back of her head with a scowl.

"Hey! Stop that, hag!" Y/N shoved her arm aside, earning a second swat that send her head flying forward, "OW!"

"Don't call me hag, you little witch, I changed your god damn diapers!"

"What does that even have to do with all of this!"