The Beginning of Chaos

Start from the beginning

"Stay there." I said briefly.

I turned to see Sam, who had Bad at his mercy. Bad's sword was no where to be seen, probably fallen to the vine infested floor. Sam had his sword raised above his head, ready to strike Bad down.

I sprinted across the room from where I was at, sliding in between Bad and Sam, and raising my sword in a horizontal fashion. Sam swung down, still not noticing me, hard. The force made me stumble back against Bad. Sam looked to me, confused. The force I had just absorbed with my own sword was surely enough to kill Bad. Bad looked down at me.

"Y/N?" BBH asked. "What are you-"

"Sam, let's go! Now!" Sapnap yelled. He was running away from the other side of the egg. Sam understood whatever it was Sapnap was running from, and retreated with him.

I walked around to the other side of the egg to see what the commotion was about. There, I saw a makeshift pipe bomb laying on the side of the egg. A small red timer was strapped to it.

00:05

00:04

Bad came around the corner, following me.

"BAD RUN!" I yelled. He hesitated, trying to think of a way to help his precious plant.

00:02

"NOW." I screamed. I grabbed his wrist and we ran across the vines.

BOOM

The strength of the explosion sent Bad and I sprawling onto the ground. Smoke filled the air and my lungs, causing me to cough profusely. As the smoke cleared, I could see Sapnap and Sam now returning to the scene. I pushed myself up, and using Bad's outstretched hand, stood back up. The air had cleared to reveal a massive crack in the egg. Around it, crackled vines with glowing orange undertones grew. Bad studied the situation carefully. His hands reached towards the egg, shakily, not knowing how to help it. I reached my hand out to touch one of the newly colored vines. Burning pain hit my fingers, causing me to retreat me hand. I inspected my hand - a small burn blister had appeared.

"Shi-" I began. Bad eyed me carefully. "Shoot."

Sam and Sapnap stood close behind us, as I could see them within my peripheral vision.

"You hurt it!" Bad shouted at Sam and Sapnap, spinning around to face them.

"And that's just the beginning." Sapnap said. "We will keep coming back until it's destroyed. You can't beat us, so you might as well surrender."

Bad turned back to the egg, visible sadness on his face. But then it turned to the look of someone with an idea.

"It needs to eat." Bad said. He turned back to look at pair. "Since you two are the ones that did this, the least you could do is volunteer yourselves."

Sam and Sapnap exchanged confused looks.

"Volunteer...ourselves?" Sam asked.

"You want us to cook it a homemade meal or something?" Sapnap asked. "Heck no."

"No, silly." Bad said. "You need to sacrifice yourself to it."

This made my eyes go wide. It was just like the dream I had had many nights ago.

"Bad?" I asked cautiously.

"What the-" Sam said. The two slowly backed away.

"He's gone completely crazy." Sapnap said. "Cmon let's go."

With that, the two sprinted out of the trophy room. Bad looked at where they had exited from for a moment, before drawing his sword up from the ground and starting towards them.

"Whoa! Halo!" I said. I grabbed his free wrist and jerked him backwards. "What are you doing!? Let them go."

Bad stopped, and turned to face me.

"Are we good?" I asked. "Are you...okay?"

"It still needs to eat." BBH said, plainly. There was no emotion in his voice. He now looked at me in the same manner he had looked at Sam and Sapnap.

"Haha, very funny Bad, cut it out." I said. But I wasn't so sure he was joking around. "Bad..? You are joking right?"

Bad shook his head, and smiled at me.

"Of course you muffin." He said. "Besides, it got them to to leave right?"

"Yea, I guess." I said. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yes." Bad said, laughing. "Now come on, let's go home."

Bad put his hand on my back and we headed upstairs. He guided me, almost forcefully, but I thought nothing of it. I noticed that he purposefully lead me an alternate route that once again avoided decontamination. Odd. He had never cared about me decontaminating before.

Something was...different, about Bad. I couldn't quite place it.

"I'm gonna grab food for the egg, and then I'll make us some lunch." Bad said, simply.

I raised my eyebrow, studying him.

"Okay..." I said. "I'll be back soon, I'm going to go to the-"

"No! You can't leave." Bad said, abruptly. He swung around to face me, knocking over a pan in the process. The pan clanged against the white tiles of the mansion. He looked down at the pot, and then to me.

"-garden." I finished me statement.

He laughed, in a strange demeanor.

"Haha, sorry." He said. He reached down to grab the pot from the ground, maintaining eye contact with me the entire time. "Yea go ahead."

"Okay..." I said, confused.

I walked outside and around the side of the house. I stepped carefully across the fresh soil, gathering herbs and vegetables lunch.

All the while, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched. And as I turned around to head back inside, I swore I saw a curtain swing closed.

Strange.