Chapter VII

(edited)

"-but the devil wrapped up in silk is still the devil."—

—A Word to My Lovers

______________________________

E L I J A H   I S H M A E L    V I T A L E

_____________________________

"Satan renovated the Asylum."

Sin was the first one to speak after the silence that seemed to go on for hours; he crossed both arms against his chest, and his one good eye took in the man across from him. Elijah gripped onto one of the metal bars that caused electricity to pass through the wires and into the now; 'Mafia base.'

Sin has allowed Elijah to surveil the base that was once a Mental Asylum; the asylum where they were left by their family, the place, the haunting place where they were both abused for their disabilities and abilities. Both mentally and psychologically, the place where they experienced psychological pain.

Wounds are never gone. Insanity is never gone, and being sane while kept inside a psychopath dungeon was a real trial for them. The lesson, well the mission was to not lose your sanity amongst everything that had ever happened to you. Furthermore; when you see the place that haunts your inner and outer memories, you happen to go blank and stare at it for the longest time.

The base that was once an Asylum of fair shared Psycho's, was now in a setting that was designated and suburban, far away from the city and more closed off. The place was located in the middle of the woods, trees, and Greenland surrounding the outer space of the area. Exactly Ten enormous buildings were built side by side, about five inches separating every single one of them.

Every person that has brain cells would understand the reason why Satan decided on a place so closed off from; without any other life source around the area. Elijah's mind yelled, 'Why?' once again. The man gripped both sides and edges of the hair on his head, trying to silence them. He walked towards the Toyota Supra, opening the back door his eyes glazed into it with vulnerability. 

Elijah Vitale reached in as he slowly but cautiously picked up the little girl, his hands tightening against the small body set inside of his arms. Sin stood there this whole time, the only movement he made was turning his head to the left to get an eyeshot. Afterward, a bell rang annoyingly loud enough to make someone go crazy after hearing it too many times. "You're going to have to give her to Ivan, Eli." Sin disclosed as Elijah shot him a look of disapproval.

 "She wasn't mine, to begin with," Elijah stated while raising a brow in confusion.

Vital looked down at the little body in his arms that was fast asleep, not in any deal of the obnoxious world. Her lips parted as a small snore escaped it, she cuddled against her newly found large figure once again. Deep lines etched between his eyebrows and across his forehead, gaps resembling a sort of trenching of the skin which was a result of an aging procedure. The lines were caused by the art of overthinking the man knew much about. 

"Does he abuse her? She doesn't want her father." Elijah questioned as Sin winced sarcastically, he opened his mouth.

"Why wouldn't he?" His voice was strained out; he spoke as if it it were venom to even say this "It will never be abuse, Elijah. It's all about making you strong and independent," Elijah clenched his jaw as the little girl perked up all of a sudden, her eyes were still closed as she lifted herself, setting a small kiss on Blanky's scarred-up neck.