Chapter V

(edited)

______________________________

E L I J A H   I S H M A E L     V I T A L   

_____________________________

"Murderer."

The voice echoed painfully from his unconscious frame that didn't move a bare inch.

Elijah rose from his sleeping position, apprehensively as the goosebumps on his arms were now apparent. He woke up from the deep depths of sleep with the sounds of his nightmares never leaving him. Consciousness or not, he couldn't even tell most of the time. The skylines of his eyes squinted as he looked at the curtains, the sun rays making their way in, right into his sensitive eyes.

A tear nonchalantly dropped, he wiped on it, disturbed.

Elijah stretches the palm of his hands outwards, his eyes still closed as the pain soared upwards to an amount where he couldn't even see anymore. A huff escaped his lips as he put his head in between his hands, his chest rising and lowering in contentment. It hurt, his eyes were hurting and there was no one to fix it.

The excessive sound of the doorbell filled his eardrums, his eyes looked up as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He got up with a long deep sigh, grabbing his pistol from the nightstand as he slipped on a black, long sleeve shirt. Elijah tugged down on it walking while placing the pistol inside the pocket of his Adidas pants. His hand now set on the front door's handle, he lifted his gaze upon the door viewer.

No one was in sight.

Elijah let out a pissed look directed towards the door as he walked towards the bathroom to get refreshed. Once he was out, he enlightened again with the precious sound of the doorbell, a towel in hand. He threw it onto one of the sofas as he looked through the door viewer once again.

No one in sight.

"What?" He muttered under his breath as he grabbed his pistol in one hand, the other on the doorknob. He threw it open as he aimed the pistol straight ahead, in confusion, nothing coherent left past his lips in return. The door was half closed when his gaze caught on a little hand that was lifted upwards near the doorbell. Elijah turned his head towards the small hand to see familiar nearly black pit of orbs looking up at him, a small, dimpled smile set on her face.

"Blanky?" The little girl spoke up first, a surprised expression on her face. Elijah failed to hide his befuddled expression as he sighed in disbelief as he ran a hand through his thick, black overgrown locks.

"What are you doing here, little girl?" His voice was quiet but demanding.

The little girl shrugged once again, her eyes taking in the apartment, his flat behind him. "I can't believe I found you, Blanky!" She exclaimed, her rosy cheeks deepening with color, light shining through her eyes as the man rolled his own, pushing the girl gently inside of the flat but not before reverting his gaze, looking left and right in caution.

The little girl held her teddy inside of her small arms as she ran towards the living room, jumping on the couch while looking around. "You don't have your cloak, Blanky. You look so different!" She stated the obvious as Elijah shook his head putting two hands on the couch, leaning against it.

"You shouldn't be here, girl." He spoke up, his gaze set on the little creature, although that is what he would call her. She was fantasized by a few decorations done throughout the room that could barely take in seven people. When she heard his threatening voice, she jumped in surprise, her eyes darting up and down Elijah's frame, nervously.