Fives

Angst

I felt my heart stop as I saw Fives get shot.

"No!" I screamed as I rushed to his side.

I cradled his head in my lap and he looked up at me. His hand slowly moved towards my face and he sent me a smile.

"The... nightmares are finally... gone." He whispered before his hand fell to the ground.

"Fives! No! Stay with me! Fives!" I yelled as I held onto him.

I let out a sob as I clung to him. After a couple of minutes, Rex walked over to me and touched my shoulder.

"You have to let him go." He whispered softly.

"I.. I can't." I whispered as I clung to Fives.

"I know it's hard, but if you don't let go... they are going to force you too." He said softly.

I turned my head to him and saw a tear slide down his face. I slowly let go of Fives and Rex grabbed a hold of me and pulled me to his chest. I hid my face in his chest and held back another sob as I watched them carry him away.

"Be gentle." Fox ordered.

I saw Rex send the clones a glare. I let out a sigh as I watched them carry him away. Fox turned to look at me and removed his helmet.

"I'm sorry, I wish... I wish it could of been different." Fox said softly.

"You should of used stun." I mumbled as I hid my face in Rex's chest again.

Rex led me home and kept me close to his side. When a clone tried to say something he just shook his head no and led me away. When we made it to my house he unlocked the door and led me inside.

"I'll make you something to drink." He said as he walked into the kitchen.

He left my side and I saw a picture on my desk. I felt tears stream down my face and I picked it up and held it to my chest. I heard something break and I set the picture down and walked into the kitchen to see Rex standing over a broken mug and holding his head. I slowly walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"It's not your fault." I whispered as I held back a sob.

He turned in my arms and hugged me tightly.