Crosshair 2

Spoiler

My eyes fluttered open and I saw that I was on a bed. I turned my head and saw Hunter beside me.

"Where's... Cross?" I asked softly.

"He's in his room. We got the chip out... he feels horrible." Hunter said softly.

"I'm glad... I was a good distraction." I said softly.

"You scared us to death. Poor Omega still hasn't left your side." He said as he motioned the the small child asleep in the chair beside me.

"When can I see Cross?" I asked softly.

"You want to see the man that tried to kill you?" He asked as he looked at me shocked.

"I need to make sure he knows I don't hate him." I said softly.

Hunter nodded his head and turned to go get Cross. He stopped at the door and turned to look at me.

"It means beloved." He said calmly.

"What does?"

"Cyar'ika, it means beloved or sweetheart... sometimes even darling." He said with a smile.

"So.. Cross wasn't insulting me?"

"No, he wasn't." He said as he turned and left the room.

It wasn't long before Hunter pushed Crosshair into the room.

"You wanted to see me?" He asked calmly.

"Yea I need to-"

I let out a groan as I tried to sit up.

"Easy, you'll tear your stitches." He said as he forced me to lay back down.

He instantly moved his hands away, but I caught them and interlaced our fingers.

"It isn't your fault." I said softly.

"Not my fault? I stabbed you! I shot Wrecker! And I shot Tech... I could of killed you... and you're saying it's not my fault?" He asked angrily.

"What does cyar'ika mean?"

"It's not important."

"You stabbed me, I think it's important."

"It means Beloved."

"Is that what it means to you?"

"Yes."

"Do you remember what I said before you stabbed me?"

He looked away and I set up. He quickly placed his hands on my shoulder and went to make me lay back down but a grabbed a hold of his shirt and pulled him into a hug. He tensed up for a second before pulling me closer.

"Yes, I remember... I remember everything you say." He whispered as he hugged me tightly.

"I meant it... I do love you."

He pulled away and moved a strand of hair out of my face.

"I know." He said as he leaned forward and gently kissed me.