Chapter 7

—•——•——•——•——•——• 

Aubreys POV

After everyone finished eating, Darcy and I got lucky & were to take Delaney, Jackson & Jason, Mario's 3 youngest, outside. Jason bolted around on the old playground as fast as his 8 year old legs would take them. Meanwhile Delaney was waddling with Layer after Layer packed on. Delaney & Darcy always has this connection, maybe it was because both of their mothers died after giving birth to them. Darcy pretends it doesn't affect her but I see straight through it. Darcy sits on a bench with Delaney and they start to play hand games. Distance yelling breaks through the boys squeaks and as I looked own the steep wooded hill I see the boys hard at work, their axes slamming onto the tree trying to split in into fire wood. 

"I don't need a babysitter so I don't understand why you're out here," Jackson said emotionless brown eyes staring into mine. I sigh at the cocky ten year old.

"I'm out here for your brother and sister okay, chill?" I say to him. I prepare for some lame 'witty' comeback when he eyes become clouded with confusion & curiosity.

"Who are you?" He asks to some one behind me. 

"Emmalise, my parents are here for some contest," a voice says behind me," my brothers and my dad’s friend kid for bored so here we are," she says. She my sister is the first thought to pop into my brain. I send glares to Jackson as he looks her up and down, checking out his new prey. Jackson is famous for being a huge player. I'm pretty sure he's dated all the 8-12 year olds in town. He will with a doubt pounce on the new neat and I won't let him get to my sister like that. I whirl when a crash comes from the bottom of the hill. I breathe much easier when Austin smiles up at me and I'm pretty sure chase just winked at me, I roll my eyes at the little flirt.

"Sissy is that our other sister? The one momma and daddy can't find?" I whirl to see a hand. A blonde curly headed 3 years old clutches her other hand. The girl in the middle clenched her jaw then realizes it. She sighs and looks her tired eyes with mine.

"I don't even know anymore Reid." She says and waves him off to the playground.

She collapses on the bench Jackson saunters up to her. "How ya Doing baby?" He asks slouching horribly as he towers over her

"Much better till you arrived, book it buddy, you have no chance," she says resting her head back and closing her eyes. Jackson looks pissed but he walks away. I walk over and seat myself on the bench next to her. We stay quiet for a miuniet. Then she turns to me.

"Please, please just tell me the truth. I know your my sister, I know it for a fact, but why are you keeping it quiet?" Her voice pleads our matching eyes meet once more and I know she's had it. With everything from the paps to the impostors she just fed up, I can tell by the look in her eyes. I sigh I can't let her down but if I tell her then she might tell Eleanor & Louis, or Mario finds out and she becomes his newest victim.

"I swear I won't tell. I don't know why you’re hiding it but in must be a bloody good reason. Just tell me, please? I'm beginning you. I just want to know the truth in the web of lies for once. Please," she said the last please quieter than the rest of her affective rant. I came crumbling in to her, despite knowing the risks, but for once, I thought what the hell. Heroes don't come along in prosperous times.

"You can't though! You can't know I'm your sister if you know then Mario will kill you & our family in a horrid way! You can't know about me or about Austin, but you know what? I have stayed updated on every detail of your life for the past 10 years from the paps & I can't imagine it. So, I'll tell you because that's what big sisters do. I'm your sister. Do you see that boy at the bottom of the hill?" I say pointing to Austin yelling at Andy & Marco to stop goofing off,