xxiv Date Night - 4-EVER

That's how he found himself walking down the FBI corridors arm in arm with Cat, who was no longer in her orange prison jumpsuit, but dressed up for a date.

Spencer was disturbed as Cat waved to the guards as she walked past like she was a celebrity.

At the end of the corridor stood the entire BAU team.

Spencer didn't notice at first, but Luke was missing.

But it all became apparent when the elevator door slid open and along with Luke and two SWAT officers, Y/n stood, with her back against the wall, mindlessly twisting a ring on her middle finger.

"Y/n!" Cat called out, causing Y/n to look up. "Glad you could join us." Cat wiggled her fingers in a wave.

Y/n kept silent and rolled her eyes Cat entered the lift, making Luke laugh. On the other hand, Spencer was finding it difficult to meet her eyes.

"Don't wait up." Cat called out to the BAU team that were still stood in the lobby. Cat beamed at Spencer, who was less than impressed by his circumstance.

Cat sat beside him in the transport van, while Y/n sat beside Luke.

"I can't believe this is finally happening. Ha! What ice skating rink are we going to?" Cat nudged Spencer. "Spencie?"

"Don't call me that," Spencer spat out, and continued to look out of the window. This was the only direction where he didn't have to see Cat eying him, Y/n ignoring him and Luke profiling him.

Cat glanced at Luke and the SWAT officers, "God, your parents are so strict." Then she turned her attention to Y/n, who had been sat in the furthest seat from Cat and had taken this opportunity continue her work, rapidly jotting things down. "You got dressed up for us Y/n. How lovely?" Cat complimented.

Y/n hand paused momentarily. She looked down at forest green satin slip dress she had chosen to wear that day. "No, not really. I came from work. I always dress like this." She kept her voice unbothered and went back to writing.

"Well, you look great. Just like the first time we met. I love the square neckline. You can really see your collar bones. Is that a little slit I see? Nice touch. And the thin straps. Someone is dressing to impress," Cat wiggled her eyebrows.

Y/n sighed realising that Cat wasn't going to let her concentrate on her work, and she snapped her file shut. "Sorry to disappoint but you're not my type. I don't swing that way right now. I'll let you know if I change my mind," Y/n sarcastically replied. "Also, what's with all the fashion knowledge. Shame you can't implant any of it. Although, I have heard that orange is the new black."

Luke chuckled beside Y/n and held is hand out for a fist bump. Even Spencer smiled.

Cat gave up for the time being and rested her head back.

The vehicles finally slowed as the approached their destination, as Cat excitedly tapped Spencer's leg, giddy, like a teenager.

"This isn't what I wanted," she scowled when they stepped out the van.

"It's the best I could do." Spencer looked at the building and buttoned his jacket.

"It's not what I want." Cat folded her arms.

"Skating is skating. What does it matter?" Spencer sighed.

"It matters, because if I asked to hang out with a bunch of sixth graders, I would have asked to come here, but I didn't, did I?" She exclaimed.

"We put in the request, Cat, and the answer was no." Spencer was done responding to Cat.

"Why?" She quirked.