xv - Friday?

Y/n, I'll give you a ride home." Tara tapped Y/n shoulder.

Y/n snapped her jaw shut. "Yup. Yeah. That would be great." She jumped to her feet and picked up her bag.

"Are you okay Y/n?"

"Yep, absolutely fine. Why do you ask?"

"You just seem a little... frazzled???"

"Well, I guess that's what spending time with Cat Adams does to you. But I'm fine. Just ready to go home." Y/n hinted.

"Well, alright then." Tara led Y/n to the lift and down to the parking garage. "Goodnight Reid." Tara waved to Spencer.

Spencer bolted over to them. "Tara, I don't mind dropping Y/n at home. It's closer to me anyway." Spencer turned to Y/n "If that's alright with you?"

"Don't you have to take your mom?" Y/n asked.

"The nurse took her." Spencer jammed his hands into his pocket. "I really don't mind," he shrugged.

Y/n agreed with a nod. She thanked Tara, waving her a goodnight.

"This way," Spencer pointed towards his car. "I hope you don't mind that I offered to drive you home?"

"No, I didn't mind. I mean, it's logical. You live closer," Y/n smiled.

Spencer held open the passage door for Y/n. "Right." He closed his tight as he shut the door. She wasn't taking the hint yet. He circled the car and joined her in the car.

As soon as he turned the ignition on rap music blared through the speaker.

Spencer was disturbed and desperately tried to turn the volume off, in the end opting to just turn off the sound system.

Y/n burst out laughing. "Wow. I really didn't think you would enjoy the musically stylings of Cardi B." She held her stomach as she laughed.

"Errr, Luke brought me car here. He must have thought it would be funny," Spencer pouted. But seeing the hysterics that Y/n was in made him smile. "If you are done laughing in my expense, I'm going to drive now. With no music on," Spencer pointed out.

"Oh please, don't let me stop you," Y/n chuckled, continuing to clutch her side.

"If you keep laughing like that, I won't be able to concentrate on the road," Spencer sulked.

"What?...Please explain the science behind why me laughing would affect your driving?"

"How can I look away. You laugh is mesmerising. I don't want to miss a second of it." The words rolled of Spencer's tongue before he could stop himself. He froze. "I'm sorry, I didn't realise I said that out loud."

Y/n stopped laughing immediately.

Spencer quickly put the car in reverse and pulled out of his parking space, internally kicking himself.

"Is it true you have an eidetic memory?" Y/n asked clearing the air after they had sat in silence for close to ten minutes.

"Who told you that?"

"Penelope. She was gushing about you." Y/n admitted.

"Oh. That's embarrassing." Spencer bottom lip jutted out.

"You really don't like people complimenting you, do you?" Y/n angled herself to face Spencer as much as her seatbelt would allow.

Spencer looked at Y/n, momentarily, expressing that he didn't really. "It's just a little bit awkward. I don't think he handle awkward well."