Chapter One

So before I start I'll clarify a few things.
1) They're humanized because that'll make the backstories work and I can't write animals.
2) Rico will talk...I hesitate to say 'normally' as that implies people who talk differently to the average aren't 'normal' but yeah...He'll talk average because again it'll make my life easier. So sorry any Rico fans...
3) There will be some ooc because their lives would have been different as humans who didn't grow up together
4) It is based on the show more than the film as I can do a mega rant on the film
5) The cover of the story is  by HunterShaz and it is awesome!!! Anyways! On with the story!

Skipper
Today is going to be shit, or at best not great, that is obvious from the get-go. It is 7am and incredibly last minute as I begin to pack the last half of my stuff. Now, admittedly, I don't own too much stuff so I will get it done in time but maybe listening to Kowalski who finished packing his vastly expansive stuff days ago with the majority done weeks ago. Then again whenever I don't listen to Kowalski about things like this I end up thinking the exact same thing but still don't listen. Not all of us can be organised, especially to the degree of Kowalski. It is lucky that most of our furniture is being replaced because, from what we are actually taking, Kowalski did a week ago and we barely thought about our stuff until a few days ago. Hence the start Rico, Private and I had at 5am opposed to 6am. You'd think that the genius would use the opportunity for a lie in but annoyingly Rico and Private roped him into helping them. That isn't helping with my 'today is going to be shit' mindset because Kowalski has certainly earnt a lie in for once.

There's a knock on my door and I roll my eyes. Both Rico and Private have already bothered me multiple times, all of which were things they could have figured out themselves. Should I pack the cutlery in a bag so we can use it later or a box? Either could work. Do you know where I have left... It belongs to you so how am I supposed to know? Should I pack the saucepans and such? Well it would be nice if someone other than Kowalski would do something useful, yes.
"Rico, or Private, I'm busy!" I call, trying to sound annoyed given that would make the long car journey awkward. "Can't you figure out whatever it is yourself?"
"It isn't Rico or Private..." Kowalski's usual quiet voice says. I look up from where I was trying to fit more into my suitcase in surprise.
"Oh," I say, even sounding surprised. If he needs help then I am definitely not going to complain given he asks for help so rarely. "Come in!" The door opens and he comes in holding a mug, dark hair falling even more in his eyes than usual and sticking up in every direction. "Do you need some help with something?"
"I came to see if you did," he says, passing me the mug, and I smile seeing it is a steaming coffee.

I sigh again though. I should have predicted that really though because the odds of Kowalski admitting he needs help is unlikely. Him going out of his way to help someone else though? That sounds more like him.
"Can you bubble wrap my laptop for me?" I ask, he nods and pushes up his too loose glasses and sits cross legged as he does so. "How is the rest of the packing going?"
"Pretty well," he replies. "I have finished loading the moving van and loading the car: there is just enough room for your stuff."
"Did you also load Private and Rico's stuff?" I ask, disapproval colouring my tone.
"Yes," he admits, expression somewhat sheepish. "To be fair though I managed to organise it pretty well so everything would fit. What would happen if someone else did it?"
"Fair enough," I agree with a grin. It does pay to have someone organised here. "Had breakfast?" He doesn't answer that. "Kowalski! I get that you always skip breakfast but we have a long day ahead of us."