After a while it finally dawns on me that we are winning. Commander Q's involvement not only helped with our numbers, it also helped create doubt on the opposing side. 

Not all of them are willing to shoot us down, some even stop fighting. Soon the battle in the air is over and we are heading to Earth where the battle on the ground continues. 

I don't feel the familiar peace that I felt when I first landed on Earth after escaping Pluto. We cut through Earth's tumultuous atmosphere and I can feel my stomach twisting into knots as I stare out the window. My fingers tighten around Vix's but he shows no sign of discomfort. 

Instead of tall grey buildings and sky scrapers, we come across a vast expanse of ice. The ice here is white like paper, unlike the dull grey on Pluto. 

I release Vix's hand and all but rush to the window in the control room when I see a crowd of soldiers up ahead. 

Lucian must be somewhere in there. 

A large spinning device drills into the ice, the bottom part consists of rings twisting in all directions. It digs further and further, sending long propagating cracks throughout the icy surface. 

The top half of the device looks like a long tower that reaches into the sky. It is so long that I can't see where it ends. 

I notice the same contraption lies up ahead as well. 

"The all seeing eye," Luna murmurs in horror. "Shoot it! Shoot it down!" 

Commander Q does as told, spewing out numerous smart bullets that fly through the air towards the spinning nightmare in the ice. Some of them are shot down but two manage to hit that thing. It bursts into splinters and we proceed to the next one. 

"Something coming our way," A soldier warns and I turn to see three weird looking contraptions latch onto our ship. 

"Damn it," Commander Q exhales and Luna stares at the small black spider looking devices curiously. 

"What are those?" 

Before anyone can answer her question our protective shields go down and numerous laser beams fly our way. 

I look down at the crowds of soldiers engrossed in battle on the ice. There are aliens putting in their fair share of the fight. They are easy to spot but it's difficult to catch Lucian because the silver heads are everywhere. 

A bullet hits our ship sending us hurtling to the side and the alarms start booming. 

"Lets get off. Join the fight," I shout, eager to join the others on the ground. 

The soldiers scurry about to ease our landing but our ship crashes into the thick ice, sending most of us across the floor. I scamper to the doors, grabbing my gun in the process when a hand stops me by the arm. 

I look up to see Luna, the storm in her eyes one of conflict. 

She will be marching into battle where she will most likely meet the man she thought she would spend her life with. This is the first time she will be seeing him since she deserted him on Pluto's air base and for a brief second I wonder if she will succumb by going back to him. 

The doubt in her eyes sends a shiver down my spine. 

"We go in together. It's safer that way." She releases me and my hand tightens around the handle of my gun. 

The door slides open and we rush out onto the white ice. Everyone is fighting near the spinning contraption we shot down but I can see that the crowd has dwindled.