Chapter 21 - "It's pretty selfish!"

Start from the beginning

Atarah snapped from her thoughts and looked at him, however, before they could speak, the door opened and Atarah looked over and saw Judas and Ruby sit at a table near the door. She narrowed her eyes, and she got this gut feeling, as if they were here to keep an eye on her.

Atarah looked back at Caspian and elbowed Edmund who was on her other side. "I need you all to help me." She began to explain as the others looked to her in interest. "Eustace, Kol. I need you to distract the blonde man and dark haired woman from over there." She gestured behind her, and the two looked towards the pair, and nodded.

"Benjamin and Caspian, I need you to follow the people from earlier - you know, the blonde in the red jacket." Her brother nodded in understanding, before he began to lowly explain to the other two what happened since Edmund had told him.

"Edmund, me and you are going to go to the jail to see a friend of mine." She told him. Edmund nodded, she could tell he was a little confused, but he didn't object, so she guessed he was okay with it.

•••

Atarah lead Edmund towards the cells at the station, and she found Felix trapped inside. "Felix." Atarah spoke as she made her way to the cell, and Felix looked between her and Edmund, and raised his brow slightly at the man.

"Who's this?" Felix asked as he eyed Edmund.

"I'm Edmund." Edmund introduced himself with his usual smug smile he wore.

"Anyways, what's going on?" Atarah questioned him with furrowed brows. "The shadow killed Blue, and everyone's acting as if Peter is in town, and controlling the shadow. If anyone knows anything, it's you, Felix." She told the boy. "So, tell me, what happened after they knocked me out."

"Well, the first thing you should know is that Peter's still alive." Felix told her, and Atarah broke out into a grin as her eyes welled up with tears. "Yeah, he is. However, he's not in his body. He's in Henry's body, they've somehow swapped bodies."

Atarah waved her hand, and the cell door opened, and Felix walked out and smiled softly at her. "I can't believe he's alive!" She grinned happily, as Edmund watched the two in silence.

"I don't quite know what he's planning." Felix continued. "But I'm sure he'd love for you to be beside him as he carries out his plan. And I'm sure you won't have any complaints after they didn't even let you say goodbye to him after they killed him." Atarah softly nodded at Felix, before they all left the station in seek of Peter, who was in Henry's body, while Edmund left and said he'd check up on the others.

They were only so far, when they came across Peter, and Atarah raced forwards and wrapped her arms around Peter tightly. "I'm so happy you're alive." She whispered softly as they held each other tightly. They pulled apart and Peter went to pull her in for a kiss, but she stopped him, and took a step back.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm not kissing you when you're in Henry's body, Peter." Atarah told him. "I'd rather stab myself in the eyes repeatedly, no offence. You can have one when you're in your old body, and not before." Peter rolled his eyes at the woman. "Anyways, what's you plan exactly?"

Peter held the tiny scroll out to her, and she took it from his hands and read it, before she frowned deeply. "The curse." Atarah whispered as she gave him the scroll back. "You can't do that, Peter!" She looked up at him, and saw that he looked confused. "Not the curse. Out of all the things to do, this is where I put my foot down."

"Why?" Peter asked her. "I want revenge, and I seemed to think that you would too!"

"Yes, I do!" Atarah told him slowly, as she began to feel conflicted. She wanted to stand beside him to get revenge on the people who tried to rip the person she loved away from her. But she would not stand by and allow him to put yet another curse on her and the town, she couldn't go through another curse again. Her memories had already been messed with enough in her lifetime. "But not like this, not the curse."

"Why's it matter?" Peter asked her. "Revenge is revenge!"

"Not when it comes to this curse, Peter!" She told him seriously. "As someone who's constantly had her mementoes messed with, I can't do it to other people. It's so damn confusing, and you miss chunks of your life. I can't hate and complain about my missing memories, just to make others forget who they are. I'm many things, but I'm not a hypocrite!"

"So, you're just not gonna help me?" Peter asked her in disbelief. "You're gonna go back to the people who tried to kill me-"

"I never said that!" Atarah snapped. "I'm not going to help you remove people's memories, but that doesn't mean I'll stop you. I love you, and you deserve to exact revenge on them." She white lied, she was sure that Peter would forgive her if she was to try and stop him. She didn't want to forget who she was, and she didn't want to be in another magical coma.

As much as she loved Peter, the need to not loose her memories were stronger.

After a few minutes, she bid them farewell and waved her hand and she disappeared within a puff of smoke, and appeared exactly where the others were. She looked around and found they were in Regina's vault, and everyone looked towards her, and she found that Eustace, Edmund and Judas were here. They all stared at her.

"Just because I'm here doesn't mean I forgive you all, and it most definitely doesn't mean I like you again." Atarah informed them all stiffly. "But...I can't go through another curse and have my memories messed with again." She faced Regina with a cold glare. "Speaking of, why did you let him take it?"

"He tricked me, and knocked me out." Regina told her.

"Well, maybe you should've wondered why he'd want to be with you, instead of Emma." Atarah told the woman, and she saw the woman's face fall - but she didn't feel sorry, she tried to kill Peter in the first place.

"Atarah!" Snow said.

"You know, this your fault, right?" She asked them all harshly as she eyed each of them. "Maybe if you'd let him get on with it, me and him would be back on Neverland." She shook her head. "You do realise who I am, right? My mother is the goddess of magic, and I'm the goddess of life, nature and magic. Zeus also added music, but that's not as dominant as the others - and I can't take Apollo's title." She rambled slightly.

"What are you trying to say?" Emma asked her, as she tried to digest the fact that Atarah was a goddess.

"I simply could've brought Henry back to life." Atarah revealed to them all. "Being the goddess of life allows me to gift life out as I wish without any consequences. But you just decided to kill Peter and didn't even check to see if I could do that. It's pretty selfish!"

"Atarah-"

Atarah held her hand up swiftly. "I don't want to hear it!" She snapped quickly. "So, would someone care to tell me what we're going to do in order to stop this curse? Because I don't fancy having my memories messed with again. And, I'm sure we all know this curse will be harder to break than the first."