Chapter 37

Even though you were fast to save Cole, you weren't fast enough to save Zane. The colossus hit Zane and his ice dragon, but it didn't seem to do much damage to them. 

"He's too considerable to take down," Zane shouted after regaining his balance again. Kai shot his chain gun at the colossus, but even though its back was turned towards him, it still caught the chain. 

"And he's got good reflexes!" Kai shouted. The colossus pulled on his chain and sent Kai flying. Luckily Jay caught him. 

"Guys, I'm nearly out of the chain," Cole shouted.

"Me too," Jay shouted back. 

"Even if we had more, it's not thick enough to stop it," Kai told us, and he was right. 

"Then perhaps next time we should use thicker chains," Zane suggested.

"There ain't gonna be a next time!" Both you and Cole shouted at the same time. 

"And Zane's the smart one," Jay said to Kai. 

"No, he's onto something. Look at all that chain. If we can use it, we could lock it down." Kai said. 

"And who of us is stupid enough to jump on that thing?" Cole asked him, but you already kind of knew the answer to it. 

"Cole, say no more," Kai said. Kai jumped down on the colossus as Jay's dragon passed over it. 

"That's my last one. Make it count!" Cole shouted to Kai. As Kai kept doing his part of the plan, you guys kept the colossus busy. 

"Keep distracting it!" Kai shouted as he welded the chains together. 

"Kai! Use the last of my chain!" You shouted and shot the last of your chain gun at him. Kai grabbed it and welded it together with a different chain. 

The guys took the loose ends of the chains and threw them to Kai, so he could use them. At one point, the colossus' knees began to bend, which you could only see as a good sign. The colossus tried to move, but it couldn't, not without accidentally falling. 

"It's working! Get off of there, Kai!" Jay shouted to him. Kai climbed to the very top of the colossus and jumped, but before he hit the ground, his dragon came to the rescue. But our celebration was short-lived. 

"It's breaking free!" Cole shouted as it started to get up. 

"It is weakened," Zane shouted. 

"It didn't fall hard enough," Cole said. 

"Damn it." You said to yourself. 

"Oh, come on!" Kai shared your frustration. While circling the colossus, it hit Cole and sent him and his dragon flying to the ground. 

All of a sudden, a chain shot out of nowhere and wrapped itself around the colossus' arm. 

"Maybe I can offer some metal!" I was Master Wu coming to your rescue. 

"I hope you didn't think we forgot about you," Nya said over the earpiece. 

"Hey!" Kai shouted as he heard his sister's voice. 

"Could never dream of it, Nya." You told her. 

"Tie it down!" You saw Misako and the other elemental masters surround the colossus and tied it up with the chains. 

"Here we go again. The bigger they are..." Cole shouted as we all tied the colossus tightly. 

"...the harder they fall." Zane ended his sentence. This time, you guys actually succeeded in bringing the colossus down.