Chapter 31

You woke up when the sunlight hit your face, and you heard Faith Waking up Jay, who started complaining. 

"Heyyy. Whatever happened to breakfast being the most important meal?" Jay whined as we all sat up. 

"We're getting closer to the Firstbourne's nest. We will eat when the Son of the Spinjitzu Master has the Dragon Armor, and we all are in Ninyeego." Faith told us.

"It's Ninjago. It's really not that hard to pronounce." Zane told her, but You guessed she didn't care.

"Oh, to be back home, in a real bed." Kai sighed in pure bliss. 

"Mmm, with real food." Jay followed right after. 

"And cake, Why did I ever give up cake?" Cole nudged Sensei Wu before he could fall asleep again. 

"Because your body is a temple." Both you and Jay snickered. 

"What is this, cake?" Faith asked us. 

"Imagine all that is good, baked into warm and moist. Then add a sweet, sugary frosting, that's cake." Cole explained to Faith. You smirked and looked at Cole as you crossed your arms.

"You sound excited, but are you ready for what lies ahead," Faith asked us, throwing the question about cake away. 

"You explained that Firstbourne is waiting for the return of the First Spinjitzu Master, reunited with the son would be a good thing," Zane said to her. 

"And what if it is not? Coming face to face with a Dragon is one thing, but facing the Mother of all Dragons is a test you cannot fail. Our chains are our only means of survival in this realm. We live and die by these iron bonds and our mastery of these things." Faith told us and pulled her chain gun out. 

"Let me see you chain that rock. Don't worry, it will not move, it should be easy" She gave her chain gun to Kai. You knew this would end badly, so you took a few steps back. 

"Yeah, yeah. I got it. Watch and learn." Kai fired the gun but missed, and it hit Cole instead. 

"At least you got the Master of Rock." Jay continued laughing. 

"Well, it's harder than it looks," Kai complained. 

"Perhaps, we should work on this." Faith quietly said to herself. 

"Alright, the first one to wrap their chain around that rock, wins," Kai told Cole, Jay, and Zane as they surrounded the rock. Everyone tried, but in the end, only Zane wrapped his chain around the rock. 

"Uhh..." Kai didn't say anything just stared at Zane. 

"Did I win?" Zane asked. 

"I...didn't know you were competing." That was the only thing Kai said. 

"Uh, yeah, I thought you were the judge." Jay jumped on the wagon. 

"Oh, very well," Zane said and collected his chain, and walked over to us. 

"Okay guys, one more time, you can do it." You cheered them on. 

They all tried, again and again, finally, Kai succeeded. 

"Master of Fi-re is now Master of-" Before Kai could end his sentence, he reeled his chain but ended crashing into it. 

"Oh, that gotta hurt." You cringed. 

"You two need to learn too, y/n and Son of the Spinjitzu Master. We are only as strong as our weakest link." Faith gave both you and Sensei Wu a chain gun. 

"Maybe, I should go last, Sensei Wu probably needs to practice more than me." You said to Faith. 

"Nonsense, you go too." She told you. 

"C'mon, Master, y/n. Give it a try. " Cole tried to encourage you two. 

Sensei Wu tried to shoot his chain gun, but he barely shoots his gun. You could hear Kai, Cole, and Jay snicker. 

"We don't stop until everyone can do it." Faith said, and a hard day of training was ahead of us. Faith helped us and gave us tricks to better our aim. After much training and trial and error, you finally managed to wrap your chain around the rock. 

Sensei Wu tried again, but he fell short. 

"Not good enough." Faith told him, and he reeled his chain back to him, hitting him. He threw down his gun in frustration and walked away. 

"Let me handle this," Kai said and walked after Sensei Wu. 

"Do you think he'll be alright?" You asked, but you got no answer. 

Faith lined us up and made us do it again. All of our chains wrapped around the rock, suddenly a fifth chain wrapped around the rock, and we all saw Sensei Wu with his chain gun. We all smiled at him, but that was quickly interrupted when we spotted a dragon nearby.

"Now let's see if the Son of the Spinjitzu Master can ride a Dragon." Faith said. You don't know why, but you felt all giddy inside when she said that. We chased after the dragon in our vehicles. 

"She smells your Oni blood, this will not be easy. I'll keep her close to the ground." Faith told us and flew in front of the dragon. 

"Alright, guys. We need to slow the Dragon down, and get Wu on." Kai shouted to us. Zane shot his chain around the dragons but celebrated a little too soon when the dragon electrified Zane. 

"Aim for her wings. Stay away from her jaw. Work together." Faith told us. We all shot our chain gun, and the chains wrapped around the dragon.

"Don't think." Faith said, but naturally, we didn't hear it. 

"You can do it," Kai told Sensei Wu. You saw Sensei Wu jump onto the wing of their vehicle and look up at the dragon. 

"Ride it, Son of the Spinjitzu Master." Faith shouted to Sensei Wu. You saw Sensei Wu climb the chains and get on the dragon and stood on it. But it didn't last long. 

The dragon rebelled and wiggled free from our chains and took off with Sensei Wu still on. 

"Hold on Sensei Wu!!!" You shouted. But unfortunately, Sensei Wu fell, and if Faith hadn't caught him, he would have landed on the hard sand. The dragon flew away, but that wasn't your concern right now. 

"I did it. I did it!" Sensei Wu celebrated. 

"You may not be ready to face Firstbourne, but you are starting to look like a Dragon Rider." Faith smiled and complimented Sensei Wu. 

You were just happy that he was okay.