He always tried to control me and he couldn't, so he couldn't stand that just as much as I couldn't stand his ass.

"Well, at least you ain't gon' be spendin' it alone. Lord knows you ain't gon' be gettin' no pussy," I smacked my lips. "Stop it. You know I ain't gotta work for it,"

"Yeah, but, unless Zo generous enough to throw it at you again, you ain't gettin' none," I scoffed, "Stop it. You sound crazy,"

"Oh yeah? What you think Zo gon' say when she find out?"

My nose crinkled as my face scrunched up at the buffoonery I was hearing, "What can she say? I'm single,"

He smacked his lips, "You really think she gon' be okay with you fuckin' other girls while you still tryna get her back? There you go thinkin' wit' that other head again," He shook his head and I waved him off.

"You gon' make her fuck ya' cars up again," My face went straight and he laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. You know I ain't thinkin' 'bout nobody else no way,"

"Yeah, exactly, so quit all that flexin'," I waved him off and he chuckled. "Anyways, you talked to ya' lawyer? When you go to trial?"

He smacked his lips, "Man, I ain't goin' to trial until January 6th so I'm in this bitch,"

"You know what they tryna hit you off wit'?"

He sighed heavily and shook his head, "Nah, not yet. I been tryin' not to stress about this shit too much 'cause I ain't got no control over it, so it is what it is. You know I'll keep you posted about everything. And if I don't, you know Kori will,"

I nodded, "Word,"

After a few more minutes, the guards came and cut our visit short, unfortunately.

We exchanged goodbyes with one another, giving each other a pound through the thick, tempered glass before I watched them escort him off.

I knew it was wild on the other side of that glass, but if nobody else knew Ant, I did. I knew he was able to hold his own in there, and he always played his cards right so I knew he would be just fine.

After leaving the facility, I decided to treat myself to lunch so I went ahead and stopped by Mooreland's to have some me-time and also just sit and clear my head.

When I got there, Rodney was at the door, greeting folks as they came in and that same joyous look that came about whenever he saw me appeared, but it soon turned into a look of confusion.

"Hey! Where my girl at?" I chuckled as I dapped him up. "She not wit' me this time around,"

"Duh, negro! Where is she?" He asks and I sighed, shaking my head.

I don't know about Zo, but nobody outside of Ant and obviously Kori knew about us not bein' together. It wasn't something to brag about, on top of the fact, it was nobody's business, but I knew better than to flex wit' Rodney.

Since our first date here, I was never alone whenever I showed up here so I couldn't even blame him for being curious.

"We ain't together no more,"

His face went straight and I could see the disappointment, "Aw, Damn! What the hell you done did, man?"

I smacked my lips, "Damn! Why I gotta be the one to do something?"

He stared at me with a straight face before he spoke, "Boy, I've known you long enough to know how you get down. What happened,"

"Let's go to a table," He led me to a table that was a bit ducked off and I went ahead and sat down in the booth before he went ahead and had a seat.