Chapter 22: An Eventful Day

Start from the beginning

"Hai, let's go team!" Watame said as she led the way, we followed her. Nana followed us as well. "Did you hear those gunshots? They were like putting up a show or something." Coco said to Botan. "How dare they put off a gun show without inviting us?" Botan joked and Coco laughed. "You are so right!" Coco kept on laughing. I then went up to both of them and pulled their ears. "Are you seriously joking about a matter that many people could've been hurt or even killed?" I said, very calmly. "Itai! Gomen, we were just trying to lighten up the mood! Itai!" Coco said, with fear in her voice, "Sou! We are very aware that this is serious. Ow, ow, ow." Botan added. "Glad you two understand." I said and released their ears.

We then reached the meeting room and Sora scanned her card. The door unlocked and we all piled into the room and took a seat. Miko then grabbed the remote and turned the tv on. She then clicked on the news channel. We then sat back and watched closely as they were now getting info of what happened in the city. "Here we have live footage from a helicopter that is now passing over the location of the disaster at 'The Serpent's Seafood Restaurant'. Luckily, no one was reported to be killed. Only one robber who appeared to have gotten a knife impaled through his head. Every other robber was knocked unconscious." The reporter announced, "Yabai..." We said simultaneously, "Police officers who were on the scene tried to scan the fingerprints left on the knife, but they reported that they can't seem to get an individual's information to pop up. 'It's like bypassing the scans' a police reported." The reporter read on and everyone was focusing really hard on the information.

"But here are a few videos from different perspectives when the robbery happened." The reporter ended as she pulled up a video from inside the restaurant. It showed when it happened and what happened during the robbery. Then, there was a man wearing a black jacket taking out a robber that was ordering him to give him his stuff. The screen was shaking a lot, so we could only see a clear frame for only a second so we couldn't tell anything. Then everything happened at once. Gunshots rang out, screams of fear could be heard, and many crashes of tables and other furniture. Then the video cut off. Then the reporter pulled up a couple more videos. After the videos finished playing, the reporter brought up the picture of the man and we all examined it closely. The man had the exact same jacket as Dusk, with black ears sticking out the top of the hood, and a glimpse of a tail at the bottom. Chotto matte! This man is Dusk!

"Isn't that Dusk?!" Ayame yelled. "Chotto matte! That is!" Aloe shouted in disbelief. "Let's wait, maybe it isn't. There is always a possibility." Polka said, then the reporter pulled up a picture of Dusk from the day a fight broke out at the mall and compared it to the frame from today. "Nevermind, that's Dusk." Polka said. "Here is an interview from a witness inside the restaurant." The reporter said and then a man started talking. "I was just enjoying my seafood until the front glass of the restaurant just shattered and multiple armed robbers came in. Luckily, there was a mad man that was in here as well and practically saved everyone in here. Poor guy also got shot a few times and after all of that. He just disappeared!" The man told what happened from his perspective and everyone gasped. That's when I got up and ran out of the meeting room.