55. t h e f o o l i s h w r a t h

'Why have I been sleeping for so long? Josiah must be waiting for me outside!' I thought before opening my eyes in a hurry, only to find myself in a state I never expected

'Why have I been sleeping for so long? Josiah must be waiting for me outside!' I thought before opening my eyes in a hurry, only to find myself in a state I never expected. I was tied to a wooden chair in a very shabby looking room, with water seeping out of walls and there was a gag in my mouth too. Panic rose within me as I finally came back to my senses and recalled what happened a few hours ago.

'Who would kidnap me like that? Why would they bring me here? I did belong to the royal family, but in the main palace where they could have entered and taken anything from it, why did it have to be me? Did they do this because I was a girl?'

These thoughts invaded and plagued my mind, and I got even more impatient under the cloth tied around my mouth. I tried hard to shout and scream, but all I could produce were small grunts that no one could hear. I looked down at myself and found my pretty dress I put on for Josiah, all shabby and torn. My heels were thrown away to the side, and my red hair were hanging on my face in wet, sticky strands.

My worries were increasing every conscious minute I spent here, but I still couldn't know who was the one who had kidnapped me, and thought it was important enough on a day like this. Roughly judging the time, I concluded that I must have been here for over five hours now, and it must be noon already. If Josiah came to meet me there, and didn't find me, he must have started looking for me. But, will he be able to find me here? He will, right?

Suddenly, the door creaked slightly, and I saw someone on the other side of it. I held my breath in and waited, but suddenly, I was deathly scared of what was about to come. Being tied up in a place like this would never do anyone any good, and I was already getting very eery vibes from this person who had done such a thing to me. I was afraid, so much that I didn't even want to know who they were anymore.

But the door opened wider, and someone stepped inside. Since I was tied with my back towards the door, I couldn't see them right away. It felt like a good thing, as I didn't exactly know how to deal with kidnappers in the first place. For a while, they didn't move, and then I heard a very familiar laugh, which made my blood run cold.

'What was he doing here? Is he.... the kidnapper?' My eyes widened at the realization, and I started to tug at the restraints. I really, really, didn't want to be in his company like this.

Finally he walked around me, and his evil countenance came into view. I wished I wouldn't have to see his face, but having him behind me was far more perilous and insecure for me. At least this way, I would know what he's up to.

"I can't believe you did this? What is wrong with you? How many times did I tell you that I don't want to be with you, and now, after... after knowing everything that is going on, you do this?!" I shouted at him with all my might, hoping to drill some sense into him but he just laughed like a maniac, not seeming to take heed to any of my words.

"And what about it, little girl? Are you going to call your lover here? Do you think that your lowly life is worthy enough to bring the Prince to this place and stop me?" He sneered at me, and I was truly terrified.

I wasn't scared because I didn't believe in Josiah, but if he did come and something happened to me before that, I would be in great trouble. I could not stand the sight of him, but he seemed to have am agenda today. Today, his eyes spoke a different language. Not one of mere obsession, but with more conviction. I really hoped Josiah would find me before this mad man does something to me. Just then, I heard another voice. It belonged to a female, and one I could recognize anywhere.

"Of course, he would! This bitch even had the prince appear in front of the media to proclaim his love for her, is there something she can't make him do?" Said Eugene, with her signature smirk and malicious voice.

I should have known, that she just wouldn't stand in the sidelines and do absolutely nothing while her reputation was being marred in this way. She was being way too quiet and patient for her personality. Why didn't I think of this earlier? Internally cursing myself, I didn't realize when she came to a halt in front of me. She bent down to my level and pulled my hair back tightly. Besides releasing a painful scream, I could do nothing as she screamed at me once again,

"You horrible bitch! How dare you think of snatching my man away from me? Do you think we royals are a joke? You will definitely know what kind of people we are after I kill you with my own hands, and mark my words, no one, absolutely no one can save you."

Tears fell from my eyes as I clenched my teeth in pain. I couldn't believe that my end would come so easily. A day, which was supposed to be the day of celebration, had taken such a drastic turn, and I wasn't ready for any of it. But I couldn't do anything. With no power, physical or political, I had no one on my side until Josiah arrives. But why would they do so? Why would they ruin their own plan by bringing him here to me? They would never–

As I thought of all the horrific things they could do to me, another voice was heard behind me. "Our main guest has arrived, Wyatt. The scene will start now. Tie this bitch up too." He gestured towards Eugene before going back downstairs.

Our eyes widened as Eugene shouted and screamed to be released, but she was nothing compared to the tall and well built Wyatt, and was easily tied down in another chair across the room.

"Looks like the prince is finally here." Wyatt said those last words before going down to join his father.