Chapter 40

Wanda's POV:
Y/N's been back for a few days now and I just couldn't leave her side. She got back Friday evening so we spent the weekend on the couch cuddling. It was Monday and that means going back to work and not being able to be at Y/N's side. Grace seems nice enough but there was something about her that I just didn't trust I couldn't put my finger on it. She was too nice if that's possible. Bucky was pretty smitten and I didn't want him getting hurt either. I often tried to read her mind but I couldn't follow her thoughts she was sketchy.
"Morning," Y/N mumbles sleepily.
"Morning my love. How are you feeling about being back at work today?" I inquire.
"I'm looking forward to being bored and finding ways to entertain myself in my thoughts," she giggles.
"Well I can help you with that. Why don't I join you in your office after work?" I smirk.
"That sounds great. How about a preview now?" She asks kissing me.
"Hell yeah," I say straddling her.

After breakfast I walk her to her office. Grace had an orange juice waiting for her on the desk.
"Good morning Y/N and Wanda. It's nice to have you back. Your day is pretty empty except from talk after school from Agent Fury. I left some orange juice on your desk. Let me know if you need anything else," Grace explains nicely.
"You're so thoughtful," I say complimenting her.
"I'm just doing my job," she states modestly. Y/N walks into her office and I follow her shutting the door and locking it behind us.
"What are you doing?" Y/N asks confused.
"Saying goodbye to my wife properly," I smirk stepping towards her. Pulling her in for a kiss I bite her bottom lip earning a moan as I capture her bottom lip in mine deepening the kiss with even movement. I pull away and wink at her before unlocking the door and walking out.
"Have a good day babe," I say leaving.
"Y..you too," she replies flustered.
"Have a nice day Grace," I mumble smiling falsely at her.

Y/N's POV:
I didn't know what had gotten into Wanda but I also really didn't care. My wife was hot as hell. I fall more in love with her everyday. Sometimes I just go for a walk to 'check on things' just to see her face and brighten my day. I spend the morning checking my emails, doing the normal boring admin rubbish that I had to do everyday and make sure everything is running the way it should be. By lunch time I really can't wait to see Wanda.

As soon as the bell rings I speed to lunch. I grab my food waiting for Wanda to arrive. When I see her walk through those doors my face lights up and she smiles at me with that adorable nose scrunch. She grabs her food and comes to sit down I stand up pulling the chair out for her kissing her in the cheek quickly.
"You know Wanda you've got me feeling like a teen again wanting to run to lunch to see you. I don't know how you still do it but you make me fall in love with you more and more everyday," I say smiling at her.
"It's good to know I still have that affect on you. How was your morning nice and boring?" She asks.
"Very boring honestly I was just counting down the minutes until I could see you again. How about you?" She's about to answer when Bucky and Grace sit down opposite us. Wanda's whole demeanour changed.
*Are you ok?* I ask her.
*I just wanted to spend some time with you* she sighs.
"You know what I could do with some fresh air. Wanda will you join me?" I inquire. She smiles blushing slightly.
"I'd love to. See you later Bucky. Grace," she nods smiling.

We walk outside where Luna greets us walking alongside us.
"What's the real reason your whole mood changed when they sat down?" I ask her.
"You're going to think I'm crazy," she sighs. I stop walking and look at her.
"Wanda I trust your instincts whatever it is I hope you feel comfortable enough to tell me," I reassure her.
"There's something about Grace. I just don't trust her. She's too nice and when I try to read her thoughts I can't," she explains.
"Was that what this morning was about?" I ask realising that was all for Grace's benefit.
"Maybe. I'm sorry. It's stupid and unreasonable but you spend all day with her and she's not unattractive. I trust you completely but I don't trust her," she reveals.
"Why didn't you just talk to me about it? I'm here thinking that you're kissing me for my benefit or for yours not for hers," I mumble sadly.
"Because you see the best in everyone and are completely oblivious to anyone that's not me flirting with you or paying attention to you," she says irritated.
"My whole world revolves around you Wanda. It's because I love you. No one else is even on my radar. If Grace is sketchy she will reveal herself to be that. I just wished you spoke to me instead of this," I sigh.
"I'm sorry Y/N. I love you too," she whispers sadly.
"It's ok. I'm going to go back to my office. I've got a mountain of paperwork to do. I'll see you later," I state kissing her cheek as I head back inside with Luna.

I walk back into my office and I'm just frustrated. The afternoon dragged slowly, having heard how Wanda felt I tried to see inside Grace's head. It was all jumbled there was not one thought that I could follow.
"Grace can I talk to you for a second please?" I request.
"Of course. What can I help you with?" She asks walking into my office standing close to me. That's a little too close.
"How are you finding working here? I know it's an adjustment," I inquire hoping that'll give me a thought to follow.
"You've all made me feel very welcome especially Bucky. He's a very nice person. And you of course you've been so kind to me and the best boss I've ever worked for," she explains walking closer. Ok I'm going to walk somewhere else.
"I'm glad to hear you're settling in so well. Well Bucky is a great guy. He spoke about you a lot while we were away," I inform her trying to change it back to Bucky.
"Yeah he's a really nice person. There is someone else that has caught my eye though it's not who you might expect," she smirks stepping closer. What do I do?
"Ok well don't hurt him he looks tough but he's actually a giant softie. Look at the time it's Fury's talk soon. I'm going to help set up," I excuse myself now panicking.

Speeding to the training room I see Wanda looking miserable.
*Babe I need to talk to you* I think loudly hoping she'll hear it. She looks worried as she sees me. As she walks over I smile nervously.
"You were right," I whisper.
"About Grace?" She asks quietly. I nod showing her my hands to signal I want to show her. She nods in agreement so I show her what just happened.
"I knew it. Poor Bucky. What are you going to do?" She inquires.
"Well it's not a sackable offence so I can't do that. I guess we can try and catch her doing something worthy of that," I suggest.
"Like what?"
"I don't know but we should probably warn Bucky anyway," I say sadly. He really liked her.

Wanda and I walk into the hall to help set up for Fury's talk he was already there.
"Y/N how's it being back?" He asks.
"Great. I'm ready to retire from active service no more missions just this school," I explain.
"I see well I'll be sad to lose you," he agrees.
"Can I talk to you about something else? My assistant Grace something seems off with her. Do you know her background?" I inquire.
"I can get you her file by the end of the talk. What do you mean off?" He asks.
"Wanda and I can't follow her thoughts. She's the only person that has ever happened with," I explain.
"Has she been flirty with you by any chance?" He says rolling his eyes.
"Yeah but it's more than that. Even when women are like that I can always follow their thoughts. Trust me Fury," I plead.
"Ok well I'll get you that file," he agrees.

Sure enough when I get back to my office the file is waiting in my emails. Wanda and I sit going through it page by page. Everything seems a little too perfect I don't know what it is.
"Hey you two. Do you mind if I steal Grace away from you for the evening?" Bucky requests smiling.
"Sure. Have a nice night," I agree knowing that this gives us time to really work out what's up with her. As soon as they're out of earshot we get back to what we're doing.
"There's absolutely nothing out of place. She's perfect too perfect," Wanda sighs.
"What are we going to do?" I ask frustrated.
"Set a trap. We're going to need camera's, microphones and great acting skills," Wanda instructs. I look at her confused.
"You'll see. Come on," Wanda says dragging me out of the office.