The Love of My Life

Ava POV

"Cal... you've got to be kidding," I spoke as I looked at the man in front of me. He had just got done telling me what he did. It was a sweet and romantic gesture, but it was also very expensive. I hated it when people spent their own money on me.

"You don't look happy. Why are you not happy?" Calum seemed to be getting worried.

"Because this is a lot of money. Plane tickets are expensive by themselves, but you bought plane tickets, rented a hotel for a week, and you are going to be paying for all of my food and everything." I sighed, looking around the dusty library.

"I guess it's a good thing you are the love of my life then, right?" He had a cute smile on his face, which made me smile as well.

"I don't deserve you," I whispered, bringing him into a hug.

"So is that a yes, then? You'll come to New York with me?" I smiled again and nodded my head.

"It will be my first time back since I moved here." I moved from New York to Australia about a year ago. I met Calum at school- he was my first friend... and pretty much the only one that talked to me, for that matter.

"A full year of not leaving Australia?" He put his arm around my shoulder and we walked out of the public library. To be honest, I really don't like libraries, but that was the place where I first met Calum, so it was somewhat meaningful.

"A whole entire year." I rolled my eyes, because he always teases me about being able to tour with his band, while I have to stay imprisoned in this unexciting town.

"You need to get around more, Ave." Ave was his nickname for me. He thought it was so original, and he was really proud of it.

"That sounds nice, though. You, me, New York."

"And the band."

Of course.

"Oh... you forgot to mention that." I didn't mean to sound so disappointed, but that's how it came out. It's just that really missed spending time with him. He's been so busy with band stuff, so we hardly ever get to spend time with each other.

"Well, that's where the American leg of the tour starts. I'm not gonna play all those shows by myself." He let out a small laugh before continuing. "Do you not want them to be there?" By now we had stopped walking and were sitting on a bench by some lake.

"It's not that..." I trailed off, with a sigh.

"Then what is it?" He asked with a confused look.

"Nothing," I mumbled.

"Ava, tell me."

"I just sometimes feel like you would rather be with Michael, Ash, and Luke, instead of me," I admitted.

"In a parallel universe, maybe. I would much rather be with you. I'm in love with you; not Michael, Ashton, and Luke. Like I said before, you are the love of my life."

"Thanks, Cal. I love you so much. It's actually kind of scary... how in love I am, I mean."

"Remember when you were scared of just being in love?" He smirked.

"Remember when you didn't even know what love was?" I retorted.

"I have no recollection of that," He pretended like he had forgotten, but I knew he hadn't. That was the first time he told me he loved me.

"I don't know what love is, but I know I'm in it," I spoke in a deep voice, trying to sound like Calum. He wrote me a note that had those very words written on it. I had memorized every word written on the crumpled piece of paper.

"Well, if I remember correctly, you said that was cute."

"Sure. Whatever you want to tell yourself."

"I love you, but I am about to throw you in that lake," he said, with as much seriousness as he could gather. Knowing Calum as well as I do, I knew he actually would throw me into the lake.

I stood up and booked it down the pathway. It wasn't hard for him to catch me, considering his legs are longer than mine. He tackled me onto this grassy patch on the left side of the path and layed down next to me.

"I could spend forever like this," He mumbled, looking up at the sky.

"Sounds like a plan," I whispered and pressed a soft kiss to his forehead.

And in that moment, everything seemed perfect.

NOT FOR LONG MWAHAHAHAHA
OMG THIS CHAPTER IS INCREDIBLY CHEESEY. MY APOLOGIES.