The Hurt Locker Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"However, if I did...my hashtag would be #happy #notimeforbullcrap #INoLongerHaveToPutUpWithMenAndThereHorriblyThreateningEgos." Kitty listed, as Lexi chuckled.

"Mine would be #JokesOnMe." Lexi commented. "And I just told Sam that we were semi-officially a couple again."

"Torres is officially off the market." Kitty whistled teasingly.

"Oh shut up." Lexi scoffed playfully. "Are you sure I have to tell him?" She asked after a few moments.

"You're turning twenty in a few months, it's what any mature adult and logical-minded person would do." Kitty replied. "You don't want to leave Sam in the dark, he doesn't deserve that. And if you keep the baby, he's going to be a wonderful dad, just like you'll be an amazing mom."

"Oh...there's so much to think about. It's overwhelming." Lexi sighed. "I swear, when I go to teach my biology class, all that I want to say is baby this or baby that...or I'm going to suck at being a mom..."

"You aren't going to suck, Lex." Kitty assured her friend. "I mean, you and Sam were basically our parents last year."

"Yeah, I guess." Lexi sighed, as the girls walked into the school. "And about Artie...don't worry about him. He dumped you, and you didn't deserve that. He's an ass...and if he doesn't know it, I'll make sure he does."

"You're an amazing friend, you know that, right?" Kitty asked.

"I do my best. If you ever need anyone, I'm here." Lexi assured her, as she pulled the younger girl into a comforting hug. As they pulled away, she spotted Sam, who sent her a small smile, before heading down the hallway.

"Kitty, I should go." She gestured to the direction Sam had walked.

"Yes." Kitty nodded.
-----------

Lexi managed to catch up with Sam, as he was walking by the bleachers towards the football field

Lexi managed to catch up with Sam, as he was walking by the bleachers towards the football field. She let out a few deep breaths, before speaking up.

"Hi." She greeted, as he turned to see her.

"Hey!" He replied with a smile.

"Uh..." Lexi paused. "Do you think we could go somewhere...private?" She asked.

At that, Sam smirked, as he pulled her towards him, before she gently pushed his hand away. Shaking her head with a laugh. "Not that kind of private."

"Oh!" Sam explained, finally believing he understood the situation. "Like a bad private?"

"No! No!" Lexi laughed nervously.

"You-met-someone-else-private?"

"Pregnant, actually." Lexi corrected, as Sam frowned. "I know, right? It's absurd!" She exclaimed, with a laugh. "But, it's also true." She continued. "And judging from my last period...it's been eight weeks."