Rex

"Is anyone else scared?" Ahsoka asked softly.

"Nope, I've already lived longer than I expected." I said with a laugh.

I saw Rex freeze up and slowly turn to look at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly.

"Why do you do this?" Rex asked softly.

"Do what?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side and sent him a look.

".... make the urge to protect you... so damn strong." He said with a growl.

I watched as the rest of the 501st clones nodded their heads. I rolled my eyes and we continued with the mission. When it was over I left to change out of my battle gear and into a night gown.

I wasn't a Jedi or even a soldier, mostly a mechanic that always seemed to join the boys on the field. It started when Rex's guns jammed up and I rushed to help him. After that I decided to stay on the field in case it happened again.

I heard a knock on my door and opened it to see Rex waiting for me. He had taken his helmet off and placed it under his arm.

"Captain." I said with a smile.

"Why do you torture me?" He asked as he pushed me into the room and smashed his lips against mine.

I let out a moan and pulled him closer, deepening the kiss.

"Cause I know you can handle it." I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He picked me up and I let out a laugh as he carried me to my shower.