Chapter 24

Hey guys! This chapter contains DRAMA! Spicy drama! Hope you enjoy it!!

Izuku's POV

Yet again, I was woken up to a loud wail, coming from Ikio's room. It was very dark, so I assumed that the sun still hasn't risen. It must be late at the night.

I groaned and quickly opened my phone to check the time since that was the only thing I could do with my energy. I don't think I would even be able to stand up, stably.

2:35 a.m. Wait, does that mean....? IS KATSUKI FUCKING AWAKE!?! I CAN'T HAVE HIM HATING IKIO MORE THAN BEFORE!?!

UGHHH!?! PLEASE DON'T BE AWAKE, KATSUKI!?! I kept praying that Katsuki didn't hear Ikio's cries, but that was nearly impossible.

The poor baby was crying too loudly. I am 120% sure that he is awake. Let's just pray that he isn't mad or something. For the love of god!

It took me quite a while to leave my room in the first place, taking support from the walls, quietly limping to Ikio's room. As I went near, I could hear Ikio's cries calm down.

That's weird. Ikio never stops crying on his own! He always needs someone to calm him down with hugs and kisses. Now I am terrified.

What if Katsuki woke up and did something to him? Okay, that's impossible, it's his child, for God's sake! It can't happen, right?

My temperature is normal now, I kinda felt like it was. So maybe my tiredness is just the after-effects of my previous day's fever! So I can lift Ikio without any hesitation now!

I opened the door to be met with the most sweetest and adorable thing I could ever ask for. I felt the tears pool in the corner of my eyes.

I was on the verge of crying.

There was Katsuki, leaning down on Ikio's crib, humming a lullaby to him. Ikio stopped crying, just occasional sniffles. He was really happy to see his father.

'Katsuki.....' I mumbled, which wasn't caught by Katsuki anyway, but he seemed to have felt my presence. He quickly turned around and gave me a sad smile.

"Hey...! I didn't know what I need to do, he doesn't seem to be calm yet." I was beyond shocked. If this is a dream, please don't wake me up.

"That's fine....! He is most probably just a little hungry....!" That could be a reason too. Since his last meal was when Kaminari and Kirishima were here.

What Katsuki next said, shocked me yet another time. "I could help you with boiling the milk....?" He asked with slight hesitancy. I could feel that in his tone.

"Of course, Katsuki....! The details are behind the formula box....." With that, he rushed out of the room. I hope he doesn't snap back again and go back to how things were, maybe even worse.

I took Ikio into my arms and started to call him down. "It's okay, baby. Don't worry, I am here. It's okay...." I kept whispering sweet stuff into his ears, because of which he gradually calmed down.

I heard hurried footsteps on the staircase and turned around. "Umm.. I think I did it, right....? I doubt I did. I don't know." I giggled at his nervousness.

He looked so hesitating and nervous. His confusion was written clearly on his face, as he held Ikio's milk Burke in his hands, holding it out to me.

"I am sure you did it right." I took the bottle into my hand, checking if the temperature was right, then I gave it to Ikio who was quite happy to see if I must add.

"I...umm.....wanted to help since you had a fever. I am sorry if I made it worse for you....." I slightly shook my head and replied, "Of course not! You made my job easier, thanks to you!"

He seemed to be content hearing that. "Katsuki, you're caring for fl yet audible voice. I truly was, he couldn't even stay in the same place as Ikio up till yesterday, but today it was a big step.

Not that I am against it. But I want to know what made him change, so I could help him.  I heard him sigh and then I looked back at him to find him staring at me.

"I know how you feel. It's just that......I think I kinda learned from my mistake.....? I am not sure, it still feels weird to look at him. It was my ego, I guess.

I think I finally got the courage to let go of my ego and Camie and accept my life. Besides, I heard how feverish you were from Kirishima, I didn't want to disturb your sleep."

I nodded at him and said, "It's okay Katsuki. I am happy you are finally getting able to understand Ikio." He replied, "Yaa, it wasn't Ikio's mistake either way."

I was a little surprised that he said Ikio's name. I mean, he used to do that, just how fast the night could change.

I suddenly got an idea. "Katsuki, come here." He was a little hesitant. "Promise me you aren't trying to stab me or something." I laughed at that, as he came toward me and Ikio.

"Give him your finger." Katsuki handed his finger with a confused expression. Ikio quickly gripped his finger and put it in his mouth.

He wouldn't bite yet, since he is a few weeks old, but it's always cute when he tries to put my finger into his mouth and suck on it, like his pacifier.

I chuckled at Ikio's action, I honestly knew he would do that. Ikio loves putting things in his mouth because his teeth seem to start growing already. And it would be kinda uncomfortable in the gums.

Katsuki stood there, stars in his eyes.

Author's note:
Hey guys! To be honest, I have no idea when teeth start growing, but let's just hope I was right.

Besides, what do you guys think about the plot?

FckingDepressTeen drew this! I just love it so much! Thank you for sharing this with me! It took us a long time to share this picture, I love it though, it was worth the effort! Thank you, friend!