Chapter 4

Izuku's POV

I had just reached home and was waiting for my mother to open the door. I was excited to work at the Bakugos. I already love Ikio!

He is a sweet child, it's sad that he doesn't get everything he deserves. I will make Katsuki love him. No matter what! No one can stop a determined Izuku Midoriya! Yeahhh!!

Just as my mother opened the door, a very inviting aroma filled the air. I heard my stomach grumble. My mother giggled at my actions and let me in.

How embarrassing. My mother always knew what I needed and at the moment, I needed food.

We live in a decent individual house. My mother and her boyfriend, Toshinori Yagi. Since I technically got the job, I would be moving out as soon as possible.

I find my mother and her boyfriend a cute couple. But I kinda had a bet Toshi that I wouldn't call him dad until he proposes mom.

I know that I shouldn't force him. But he has been wanting to do it for a year and a half now! I graduated high school! He can't keep chickening out!

He is just too worried and it was just a simple bet, he knows that I love him and that I always think of him as a father figure.

"Hi, Toshi! Whatcha doing?" My mother left us to each other and went back into the kitchen. Toshi works in a well-known company, so we technically speak about his company, etc.

My day went impossibly slow. Toshi was joking around with mom the whole time. I had to witness them stealing kisses from each other in the kitchen.

It's not like I don't like them being all over each other, but it's just that I am their child! It's weird seeing my parents being like that. Especially when they try to hide it from me, but fail at it.

"So, how is your new workplace, Izuku?" Mum asked, and I decide to rant everything to her.

"It's fine, I guess. My boss lost his wife during the birth of their son. He has been distant from everyone since then. He hates his son.

I know it's hard, but what did the baby do. All that he needs is just physical contact. If there is no one to shower him with love, then I am ready to do it.

He looks so cute, mom. His name is Ikio. I literally saw him crave attention and physical contact. I can't let him live in misery because of something that wasn't even his fault."

By the time I finished speaking, I was frowning. I couldn't control myself from getting upset about it. I always loved kids, but Ikio seemed to be something special. We had some bond.

Mom slowly hugged me, followed by Toshi. They both knew how much kids meant to me. I always wanted a younger sibling, but my mum started dating late, so she decided not to have another child running around.

"What are you going to do?"

I smiled at her and said, "I want my boss to understand and reflect on his actions. Ikio is not at fault. He had already lost his mother. I will make sure he gets his dad back, in the best way possible."

"You seem determined, Izuku." Toshi said with a knowing and fond smile.

"I am Toshi. No one can stop me now." I said, inserting a cackle-like laugh to exaggerate. Both of them face palmed while laughing.

RING! RING! I was having fun with my family, and the moment I saw the caller id, I cut the call and switched it off. I muttered out a 'Bastard'.

"You can't keep ignoring them, honey...."

"Oh, watch me."

Even though I knew my mother was right, I couldn't get myself to accept their apology. They were assholes anyway. Fuck them.

The family dinner then went in one of the most peaceful ways possible. Silence. But a comfortable one.

Today will be the last day I would be staying here. I am planning on moving out tomorrow. So my mother and Toshi wanted it to be special of some sort.

The night ended with a piece of slow music being played, and both the love-sicken birds were waltzing together. They looked so cute!

I even took a video as blackmail. Well, who knows, I might use it anytime! I am a master at these plans. Toshi is dead. HA. I might get him to buy me a new Manga series or something.

We heard the doorbell ring. I was curious side it was late and we didn't expect anyone, so I went to open the door. "Mirio Senpai! It's been ages since I saw you, how are you?"

Mirio Senpai was my senior during high school. He is very friendly and he visits us at times, he is like an elder brother to me. Toshi and mum love him too, like their own son.

Mirio Senpai was staying with us tonight. He likes staying over because we both tend to binge-watch anime at night until mum scolds and forces us to bed, it's kinda like a habit.

He said he came here because he wanted to know how my interview went. I wonder who told him, oh yeah, it was me, I told him. I'm dumb.

I then proceeded to tell him everything that happened. He was just as encouraging as my mum and Toshi.

It was late at night and we were watching tv in my bedroom when the talk steered toward the call I had a couple of hours ago. He was advising me on forgiving them and moving on too.

But I decide my life right? I will forgive them, just not now. They hurt me too much for me to let it pass like it was nothing.

Just as I went to bed, I couldn't help but think about Ikio, Katsuki, and Mitsuki. They were a trauma-filled family. I know. But I will be there to help them out of it.

I love helping people, but I also need to make sure to act natural and normal with my hot boss. I can't help but think about him and his biceps.

Who knows what is hiding underneath the guy's clothes?

Oh no, I need to stop thinking that. For now, I need a good sleep so that I could have a great day with Ikio, tomorrow.