Chapter 5

Izuku's POV

I packed my stuff as soon as possible. It wasn't that much, seeing that all I had was some clothes, a couple of my all-time favorite books, bathroom necessities, my journal, and a high school photo album.

Mirio Senpai wanted to drop me off today since my mother and Toshi were busy eating each other's faces. Not that I complain though, they are my parents anyway.

I had all my stuff packed into cardboard boxes already, Mirio Senpai helped me load them into the car. He is honestly so sweet to drive me.

Our drive was filled with catching up with each other. Mirio Senpai and I were quite close. He is overprotective of me for some reason.

He asked me if he wanted to help me with the boxes after dropping me off. But I kindly rejected it, I knew he had a date with Amajiki Senpai.

I ship them too much and I don't want to ruin their date because of something like this.

Thank goodness, Mitsuki came out to help me! I sent her a grateful smile as she started picking up the boxes. She was so strong!

Mitsuki's stuff was already packed into her car. She is leaving today since I am starting to work here. Although I was a little nervous, I didn't think it would be impossible.

Mitsuki was constantly asking if I needed help with unpacking. But I assured her I was fine. Since Ikio was asleep at the moment, I could quickly unpack.

She left after I convinced her. In just twenty minutes, my room looked homely!

I went in to check Ikio in his room. But he was still sleeping soundly. I silently cooed and left the room to make dinner for Katsuki and me.

I didn't know what he liked, so I decided to keep it small and simple. It took me more time than usual seeing that I still didn't know where the groceries and cutlery were.

Just as I finished with the dinner and started cleaning the kitchen, I heard Ikio's loud wails, letting me know that he was awake.

I quickly rushed up to his room, to find his beautiful doe-like eyes glistening with tears. My heart stung seeing him like this, the effect he has on me. I swiftly picked him up and made my way downstairs.

He must have been hungry, seeing that Mitsuki would have fed him before his noon nap. I laid him down in a crib in the living room.

I was looking at him often to make sure he was comfortable while boiling milk for him. Ikio was a good boy and he kept himself busy with the lights in the room.

I checked the temperature of the milk before making my way toward Ikio to feed him. He seemed to be very hungry, seeing the fact that he emptied half the bottle in the blink of an eye.

If I'm gonna keep being his babysitter or guardian for a few more years, I don't know if I will be able to resist his cuteness when he tries to compromise me into buying something.

It's hardly been a day with him and I'm already thinking about the future...

A loud opening of the door caused both me and Ikio to startle. I looked up to find the source of the noise, and I quickly understood when I was met with crimson emotionless eyes.

He seemed tired, I could tell by his mannerisms. Ikio was still drinking his milk, so I had to wait. I warmly greeted Katsuki and told him that I had made dinner.

His face morphed into anger, which confused me, bringing up my insecurities. Didn't he want my dinner? What if the dinner I made yesterday want good?

I then realized that Katsuki just noticed Ikio in my arms. I had to say something before he bursts. I quickly open my mouth to talk but I get cut off rudely.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING HERE?!?! GET HIM OUT OF MY SIGHT!?!? I WAS THINKING OF HAVING DINNER, BUT HE JUST HAD TO RUIN MY APPETITE!?!"

"I am sorry Katsuki!"

I visibly flinched. Ikio was also disturbed by the noise and the stomping on the stairs. He started crying loudly. I also heard an annoying 'tch' upstairs.

I didn't expect him to hate his son, I thought he just ignored him, but what happened now explains everything.

The way Ikio's eyes were innocently looking up to me with un-shed tears made me wanna cuddle him to death.

I know this incident would be hard on Ikio.

I started humming a slow song to him which seemed to have called him down. I was then able to feed him the rest of the bottle.

The poor boy seemed to have fallen asleep after finishing his milk. I carried him to his room and put him in his crib. He was holding my pinkie finger the whole time and wouldn't let go at all!

It was so cute! When I had to put him to bed, I had to pry my finger from his baby hold without waking him up or hurting him in some way.

I waited for a few minutes by his crib to see if he was asleep and then made my way back downstairs when I made sure he was already in deep sleep.

Seems like I just need to be extra careful with Bakugo.

I left the food in the fridge, seeing that the unsettling incident some time ago ruined my appetite too. I know I had to eat, but I can't.

I won't tell anyone about this incident.

I was awake the whole night seeing that I didn't quite understand what got Katsuki this riled up. I didn't say anything. I felt rejected that he didn't want to eat my food.

There has to be done reason why Katsuki just burst out with anger right after seeing Ikio, he either really hated Ikio or he wanted to convince himself that he hated Ikio.

At least I could keep Ikio happy. That's all I need for now.