5 Months

2 months later...

5:45AM

*knocking*

"Adam? Are you awake?" You ask opening the door quietly to his room across the hallway from yours.

You walked over to where Adam was laying & whispered into his ear, saying the same thing to him again.
Once you did Adam opened his tired hazel eyes & looked up at you seeing you standing above him with a look of worry on your face.

Once he saw you he sat up on the bed & asked, "Babe, you have that look in your eyes... Is everything ok?" "I'm 5 months pregnant Adam. & the contractions are really bad right now." You say. "Ok, what time is it?" Adam asks. "Almost 6 in the morning." You say. "I don't know if the hospital is open yet but I'll call." Adam says. "No, wait... Just call 911. I'm not well enough to walk because of how much weight I'm carrying around & how bad the contractions are right now." You say. "Ok, I'll call an Ambulance. Just come lay down in my spot. I'll get up." Adam says as he gets up, grabs his phone, & then you lay down in the spot he was on his bed.

"Thanks Adam." You say as Adam yawns while nodding at you. "Your welcome. Now be quiet. I'm gonna call them." Adam says as you nod.

*ringing*

"Hello this is the 911 dispatcher Malory, what happens to be the problem?" Malory asks. "Hi my wife is 5 months into her pregnancy & her contractions are really bad right now." Adam says. "Ok, how long have they been lasting?" Malory asks. "Just about a couple seconds, tops." Adam says. "Ok, is she able to walk?" Malory asks. "No ma'am. I asked & she said she couldn't due to the pain she's dealing with. Can you send an Ambulance to come & bring her to the hospital?" Adam asks. "Yes I can sir, luckily someone who has called you before wrote down where you live & what your wife's name is. Ok, I have an Ambulance on route to your location. I'm gonna let you go now. Thank you." Malory says as Adam hangs up & sets his phone down on the nightstand & then he just pulls a chair over to you & sits down & brushes his hands through your hair.

After a couple minutes pass Adam sees red & blue lights flashing through the closed window to his bedroom so he walked downstairs & greeted the paramedics who's name's were, Rebecca & Daniel. & then led them upstairs to find you laying on the bed.
Rebecca came over to the side of the bed & bent down on her knees & looked at you.
"Hi, the operator told us your name & how you can't walk & because you can't we're both gonna have to lift you off the bed & carry you downstairs & get you on the stretcher & in the ambulance ok?" Rebecca says. "Rebecca. I'm gonna stop you right there for a moment. Would you be ok if I help you guys out by carrying my wife downstairs & get her where she needs to be?" Adam asks. "Sure, as long as she, herself is ok with that." Rebecca says as you nod. "Then it's a yes then." Rebecca says.
Adam picks you up carefully & carries you downstairs & then lays you down on the stretcher & then the two paramedics lift the stretcher & carry you on the stretcher & set you inside the back of the ambulance. & luckily Adam was able to tag along on the ride to the hospital with you & the baby girl.

Once at the hospital & inside the paramedics checked you in at the front & then moved you into a hospital room, Adam lifted you off the stretcher & into the bed & then the paramedics stood near the door & waited for the nurse & later to be the doctor.