Chapter 37: A predicament

A wormhole opens beside Kenji as Revenant jumps out and rolls forward before slashing down at Y/N. Y/N manages to block the strike before retaliating by swinging his chain at him.

Revenant is knocked to the side as Kenji used Regeneration on himself quickly. He could not heal all the way before Y/N engaged him again.

Kenji blocked his swipes as he tries to gain the upper hand. He then blocks a strike from Y/N before he tackles him to the ground. They roll forward as they continue their battle.

From atop a tree, a certain Raven watches their battle. The Raven then transforms into a woman with a Grimm mask on as Vernal lands next to her.

"We are...not interfering?"(Vernal)

"There is no need to,"(Raven)

"But technically they're both our enemies now..."(Vernal)

"Interesting isn't it,"(Raven)

Vernal raises an eyebrow.

"The hatred they have for each other, it wasn't forged or made, it is just so...natural. As if they were made just to fight each other."(Raven)

"It does seem like they're going all out...but that still doesn't explain why we're not joining in. Usually you'd want to kick everyone who's not in our tribe out your lands."(Vernal)

"There'd be no use of doing so, the strong survive, the weak die, that'd be the case for that hooded fellow at least."(Raven)

Vernal then widens her eyes.

"You looking to recruit him?"(Vernal)

"No that would be a bad idea, offering it to the Blue Glint would be a better option. That man is not the type to lead an army or whatever,"(Raven)

Y/N slashes at Kenji as he blocks it before doing a roundhouse kick which pushes Kenji back.

"He is only looking for destruction and death,"(Raven)

"But..why...?"(Vernal)

"Who knows? Well, how are you doing with her?"(Raven)

Kenji does a flying kick into Y/N's chest and flies past him before Revenant tries to attack him from behind.

Y/N grabs onto Revenant's arm behind him as he flips him over and throws him to the ground. A Kama then hooks onto his shoulder as he pulled away from Revenant who begins to get up.

"So far, she hasn't suspected anything but...she has been getting rather, restless."(Vernal)

"As to be expected...I'm counting on you Vernal, you must not fail."(Raven)

"...I understand,"(Vernal)

"Vernal."(Raven)

"I know the risks ma'am,"(Vernal)

"Vernal."(Raven)

"I also know the consequences..."(Vernal)

"Vernal!"(Raven)

Vernal looks up as she narrowly dodges a claw from Y/N. She looks at Raven who had removed her mask. She glares towards Y/N as she immediately turns around and blocks a strike from Revenant.

She pushes him back as he falls back into his wormhole as it closes. She then turns towards Vernal as she sidesteps Y/N's retracting claw.