Chapter 35: Enough is enough

"Do you have any idea what your stunt cost us?"(Jacque)

"I-"(Weiss)

"And don't think I'm just talking about Lien here! Our reputation, our, our...."(Jacque)

Jacque sighs deeply as he puts a hand over his head. Weiss sits on the bed as she looks down.

"I want to leave."(Weiss)

"I beg your pardon?"(Jacque)

"I said, I want to leave! I don't want to stay here anymore! I don't want to stay in Atlas anymore!"(Weiss)

"Young Lady I don't give a damn about what you want! This isn't about you, this is about the Schnee family name and your apparent insistence on dragging it through the mud!"(Jacque)

Weiss stands up.

"I have done nothing but fight to uphold the honour of my family name! A name that you married into!"(Weiss)

A slap then flys across her face as she lets out a grunt. She holds her cheek as she stares wide eyed at her "father".

"This behaviour of yours is incredibly disappointing, you couldn't possibly understand the lengths I've gone to in order to keep this family where it is today,"(Jacque)

"You think running off like your sister did will make the Schnee name any stronger? Well you're wrong. Siding with her only divided us..."(Jacque)

"I'm not siding with anyone, I'm doing what I feel is right and that does not include wasting my time with these clueless people up here in Atlas!"(Weiss)

Her father only rolls his eyes and turns around before walking away.

"The Schnee family legacy isn't yours to lead, it's mine. And I'll do it as a Huntress,"(Weiss)

"No you won't. You're not leaving Atlas. As a matter of fact, you're not leaving at all. You are to not leave the manor grounds unless I specifically allow it,"(Jacque)

"You are going to remain here, out of sight and out of trouble. Until you and I...come to an agreement on your future, you will not leave my sight,"(Jacque)

"What?!"(Weiss)

"You presupposition that you can just have whatever you want, is a clear sigh of our failure as parents,"(Jacque)

You're a failure of a man my guy, not to mention the negligence.

"From now on, I will begin to give you the attention you require. Starting by staying where I can keep an eye on you,"(Jacque)

"You can't just keep me from leaving!"(Weiss)

"I can, and I will."(Jacque)

"So now I'm just your prisoner?!"(Weiss)

"You are my daughter. You are a child, and children are meant to be grounded when they misbehave."(Jacque)

"This is only going to make things worse!"(Weiss)

"Oh really?"(Jacque)

"Yes! People will want to know why the heiress of the Schnee dust company isn't showing herself and-"(Weiss)

"Which id why you are no longer the heiress to the Schnee dust company,"(Jacque)

Weiss widens her eyes as she takes a step back.

"Excuse me?"(Weiss)

"Clearly the trauma you endured at the fall of Beacon was too much for you, which is why you will pass on your duties over to your dear brother Whitley,"(Jacque)