Chapter 38: No one is ever truly dead

Ruby and gang rush over to the injured Qrow as they try their best to help. Ren then stops as he senses something coming at them. He quickly turns around towards the open area.

Soon, he starts sees humanoid figures approaching. They were tall and bulky and wore dark armour. Then a black horse was seen galloping towards them as Ren alerted the rest.

"We got incoming!"(Ren)

The gang turns right around to see around 10 Grimm had appeared. They were wearing paddings and vests with long swords on their backs. They carried a two bladed staff with them as they spun it around before getting into a stance in front of the group.

One of the Grimm stepped forward as it wore a red cape around its neck as it flowed in the wind

One of the Grimm stepped forward as it wore a red cape around its neck as it flowed in the wind. It reaches over it's shoulder and grabs onto the hilt of the longsword before drawing it from its back.

It then places the longsword over its arm which it puts forward.

The Grimm charged forward as Ren notices that the horse was nowhere to be seen

The Grimm charged forward as Ren notices that the horse was nowhere to be seen. He pushed his worries aside as he focused on the incoming Grimm.

"Uh, what are those?!"(Nora)

"I've never seen those types before..."(Ruby)

"Urgh...be careful...It's a Warden!"(Qrow)

Qrow manages to croak out as the Wardens (DN) close in. One immediately engages in combat with Jaune who meets it head on.

The Warden tries to hit Jaune from below but Jaune blocks the strike before blocking another strike as the Warden attacks again but from a higher angle.

The Warden spins around as the second blade of the staff almost cleaves Jaune in the stomach but Jaune manages to avoid it narrowly.

The Warden spins again as he twirls his staff around before trying to attack Jaune with the blade again to which Jaune blocks all its attacks.

It then moves the staff under it's shoulder as it thrusts the staff forward which is parried by Jaune as he follows it up with a shield bash.