Chapter 17: Hideout

Once we had landed, I looked around to find the city in ruins. This was definitely abandoned.

"Students! You may still be...well students but your first Huntsmen and huntress mission begins now. From now on, you will have to do exactly as I say! Do you understand?"(Oobleck)

"Yes sir..."(Kenji)

"Also, RUBY!"(Oobleck)

She jumped a little.

"I thought I said to leave all your bags in school?"(Oobleck)

"But uh...you haven't told us to listen to you yet...so I didn't..."(Ruby)

It's this kind of behaviour that gets me into punishments.

"She's not wrong..."(Oobleck)

What the fu-

"Very well Ruby! Leave your bag here we can pick it up upon our return."(Oobleck)

"But I-"(Ruby)

"Young Lady what could you be possibly hiding in that bag of yours?"(Oobleck)

Then the bag moved a bit...before Zwei's tiny head popped out. Well shi-

"Get back in the bag..."(Ruby)

'Bark'

"We're here...to investigate an abandoned urban jungle...and you brought...a dog?"(Oobleck)

"I mean-"(Ruby)

"GENIUS!"(Oobleck)

"I sometimes question my sanity..."(Kenji)

"You're not alone..."(Blake)

He grabbed Zwei which made Ruby fall.

"K-9's are historically known for their perceptive nose and heightened sense of sound! Making them perfect for investigations!"(Oobleck)

He's not wrong but...c'mon its a little mutt versus a giant bloody bear! I wonder who would win...

"I'm a genius!"(Ruby)

The rest facepalmed.

"Indeed..."(Kenji)

"So, what are your orders doctor?"(Blake)

"Ah yes! Straight to the chase, I like it!"(Oobleck)

He then dropped Zwei and Ruby used her semblance to catch him before he hit the floor.

"Oops, well anyways as we's established, the South-east quadrant has been a recent hot spot for Grimm activity. Now there are several possible explanations for this behaviour one of which being...Grimm."(Oobleck)

'Such wisdom...'(Kenji)

"At least this doctor doesn't charge you $50 for a prescription."(System)

"Uh what?"(Ruby)

"Grimm. A creature of Grimm approximately 100 yards from our current position at this very moment."(Oobleck)

"What?!"(Weiss)

"Finally! Some things to smash!"(Yang)

"Don't be too excited Ms xiao-long!"(Oobleck)

They turned around and saw a Beowolf just...walking...

They immediately whipped out all their weapons and readied them. I only cocked my Annihilator within my holster.

"Stop!"(Oobleck)

"Huh?"

"Do you want us to like blast music at it till it goes deaf?"(Kenji)

"No...though that is a good idea, I feel that we should do what we were meant to do. Investigate. There are never reasons why Grimm accommodate in this area. The most likely of which being attraction to negativity, sadness, envy, loneliness, hatred."(Oobleck)