A fresh start

I stood outside of what would be now called my new home. I bite my lip anxiously and stepped inside. It was so much better and well presented than my previous home.

My previous home was not a good or safe place. My mother was a drug user and alcoholic. The living room was always constantly covered in heroin needles, white powder and half empty bottles of beer. She started to deteriorate everyday. Soon my father had become so fed up with her he kicked her out the house and she eventually became homeless. Soon after, she lost full custody of me and my sister Georgia. My father than moved with us to Castle Rock for what would be a fresh start.

The smell of the cream paint that had been painted on the walls fulfilled my nostrils. I was surprised by how clean every room was especially the living room. No needles, no beer bottles, nothing.. It was spotless.
"I could get used to living here." I mumbled to myself.
"So what do you two girls think then?" My father said whilst bringing our bags and other possessions into the house.
Before I could say anything, my sister was first to answer.
"I like it, it's a nice little place." She said smiling.
I shot her a death glare, she gulped and carried on unpacking. That soon wiped the smile off her face. I'm quite a confident person and one thing I cannot stand about people is speaking before or interrupting me. It's one of my pet peeves. I didn't have many friends in my old town. Most people were embarrassed to hang out with me because of my mother. So Georgia was like my best friend. We were like peas in a pod. We still are. I love Georgia to bits but sometimes she can really piss me off. Like interrupting something I was about to say or talking to father about my love life and that. Overall I've had one boyfriend. He was called Jeremy. We only lasted a couple of months. We didn't do anything over than kiss on the lips. It wasn't a very serious relationship. Overall I loved my family apart from my mother who I hated with a passion. The next couple of days went by quite quickly. I got a job in a local supermarket to help out with my dad. Me and Georgia went to the local diner. The food was pretty nice. I had a Coke, fries and a burger. Georgia had a sprite, fries and a hotdog. Overall I could get used to living here. It was a pretty nice town.