Javier (pt38)

I finally decided to ask, "Where are your scars from?" to the boy next to me.

There was a small silence.

"What?" he responded, probably out of shock.
"On your back, there are deep scars... did you hurt yourself?" I asked.

"I- uh... when di- how did you know?" he deflected.
"At Jousayamas party. You took your shirt off because I poured the water on you."

"Oh... I did?"
"Yeah, you did. So are you gonna answer my question?"
"Uh..." he started.
... he's not going to tell me
-
"Don't you trust me? You can tell me anything babe." Javier reassured.

Kageyama still stayed silent.

Sighing, Javier mumbled, "Okay it's fine you don't need to tell me, whatever."

They laid in silence once again but it was an uncomfortable one this time. Kageyama wanted Javier to stop being so moody as he was acting like this because Kageyama kept his mouth shut about his scars. Javier wanted Kageyama to trust him with things like this just as he would to the latter.

"I think I'm gonna go home." Javier finally said, causing Kageyama to look up at the boy who had sat up on his bed.
"You don't have to leave yet, it's not even late."
"I know." Javier responded rather sourly.

"Javi." the raven-haired boy spoke.
"Hm?" the latter hummed.
"I do trust you and I do wanna tell you and I will tell you... just not now."

"Kageyama, if you're not going to tell me now then I don't really wanna know- I'd rather just assume."

"Why did you call me that?" the setter asked.

"What?"
"You called me Kageyama."
"No I didn't."
"You did."
"I didn't notice, sorry."

Kageyama sighed, "I'd rather you didn't assume where they came from..."
"And I'd rather it if you trusted me enough to tell me. I bet that blonde boy knows." Javier replied.
"He doesn't."
"You're lying."
"Why would I lie about that?" Kageyama frowned.
-
"Because you still like him. I know you do. I was trying to ignore it and tried to be better so that you could forget about him. But you just can't can you?" I asked, frustratedly.

It was so annoying, but I knew the truth as soon as we went to the restaurant that one day. All of it was to make the blonde boy jealous, I could tell.

"I don't like him." Tobio answered.

More lies.

"The fact that you're sitting there, lying about it to me just makes it worse!" I replied, raising my voice slightly louder than I had intended to, Tobio flinched.

I sighed, "Okay look, I didn't mean to yell. It's just annoying because I can see it and you don't think I can. If you messaged him, asking him to come over right now he would show up wouldn't he? Because he likes you back. And I just w-"
"Tsukishima doesn't like me. I told you this a while ago why are we bringing it up again?" Tobio interrupted.

I picked up Tobio's phone and unlocked it, "Tsukishima right?" I asked, before finding his contact info and forming a message to him which I read out loud for Tobio to hear.

"Can you come over? Like right now?" I typed, before clicking send.

"Why would you do that?" he asked.
"Oh look, a response already." I replied.
"Javi..."
"Don't say anything. You don't have to say anything. You know I dislike him, I dislike him a lot. Yet you like him in a romantic way. You know how shitty that makes me feel, right?"

We sat in a livid silence for about 5 minutes and then the doorbell rang.

"Tobio, I'm going home." I said, grabbing my motorcycle helmet and bounding down the stairs.

I opened the door to see the blonde boy standing there and just shrugged past him.

Sitting on my bike in Tobio's driveway I felt so irritatingly disappointed. The fact that he liked someone else was finally getting to me. I hated it. I ran a hand through my hair then put my helmet on, leaving the residence and going to my own.

AN: HEY BABIES! My exams are over in about 9 days and I'm so excited!!! This was a short chapter because it was a Javier POV and probably should've been another Kags POV but oh well! TYSM FOR 12.5K READS!!! I love each and every single one of you and I love reading y'alls comments- they give me LIFE. Hope you're having a good day/night and keeping safe <3