Kageyama (pt9)

It was 5pm. Two hours until the party.
Hinata and I still weren't on the best terms but I wanted to properly apologise to him in person, it would be a good idea to apologise at Bokuto's.

I decided to properly get up and have a shower since I couldn't be bothered to have one in the morning... hygienic right?

Well no one was ever bothering me and rushing me to get up and out of bed, or to shower, or to eat; I sort of made my own rules. Biggest pro of living alone.

My parents were always on business trips and never really acknowledged that they had a child so I grew up with minimal attachment to them. Not that it bothered me. I'd always get a huge sum of money every month as my "living allowance", they always threw in extra, probably out of guilt.
-
Shrugging those bleak thoughts out of his mind, newer ones clouded his thinking.
What if no one wanted me at the party because of when I yelled at Hinata?
They prefer him over me anyway so they wouldn't want me there right?
It wouldn't make much of a difference to them if I wasn't there anyway.. so maybe I should just stay in this house.

Kageyama's phone rang, snapping him out of it. It was Tsukishima. Kageyama cleared his throat before answering.

"Yamaguchi's parents are dropping us off at Bokutos, do you want to come with?" Tsukki asked.

"Um I decided I'm not going, I should probably tell Bokuto." Kageyama replied quietly.

"You aren't coming? Why not?" Tsukki questioned.
"Kageyama's not coming?!" the setter heard Yamaguchi's voice yell from the other side of the receiver.

"I don't think it's a good idea, things would be awkward because of what happened with me and Hinata and I don't think I'd be wanted there anyway." Kageyama replied honestly.

"Well if you aren't going then I won't go either." Tsukki stated.

"Why not?" the setter asked curiously.

"It would be pretty boring-" Tsukki started, before Kageyama heard Yamaguchi yelling, "HEY THAT'S NOT FAIR I'M STILL HERE!", from the other side of the phone.

Clattering noises were made and there was a silence before Yamaguchi's voice spoke up, now a lot more distinctive as if he were holding the phone.
"Kageyama I don't care for whatever reasons you don't want to go to the party. You're going and that's that. We'll be picking you up at half 6, be ready or be ready to die." his voice boomed.

The line went silent, indicating that Yamaguchi wasn't taking no for an answer and had ended the call.

I guess I'm going to this party after all...

(6:30)

The doorbell of Kageyama's house rang multiple times before the setter stumbled over to finally open the door.

"It's about time you opened the damn door!" Yamaguchi chimed. Yamaguchi seemed a lot more confident than usual, it was a good look on him.

"So the King really does live in a palace" Tsukishima teased, hinting at the large house Kageyama resided in.
Rolling his eyes the raven haired boy responded with, "Not a palace."
Yamaguchi waddled around the space, eyes glistening as he said, "Your house is huge! You could throw so many parties here!"
"No idiot, his parents would complain" Tsukishima scolded.
"Oh.. where are your parents, may I greet them?" Yamaguchi said, regaining composure.

Kageyama shoved his hands in his pockets and said, "I live alone", in a slightly quieter voice.
"That's so cool!" Yamaguchi smiled.
However, Tsukishima just stood there, analysing Kageyama's quieter state. He knew the setter was acting off earlier by trying to avoid the party but his tone was different now, and the blonde couldn't put his finger on what was wrong.

A horn honked from outside.

"Oh that's my mother, we shouldn't keep her waiting, let's go!" Yamaguchi said cheerfully.
"Yeah, let's go.." Kageyama responded, trailing behind his teammates unwillingly.

-
-
-
end of chapter
A/N
guys i know i know, what was this chapter?!
think of it as a filler chapter. in order to keep my kageyama tsukishima kageyama tsukishima pov pattern going i had to use this chapter to flip the pov for next time i guess.
also, two chapters in 24 hours! yay?!
anyway i hope you're having a good day/night and merry christmas eve! stay home and stay safe💕