Liar- Tomura Shigaraki

I stood, bored, as Dabi and I listened to our potential new leader. I vaguely heard Dabi's voice introduce himself, but finally zoned in once I heard myself being mentioned.

"This is Y/N. She and I come as a package deal." I looked at him and then at the man with the light blue hair and a hand on his face, Tomura Shigaraki.

"Oh? And what is your quirk?" He asked me coolly.

"I'm a human lie detector." I replied. "I'm good with interrogations."

"Not useful," he dismissed. I saw Dabi bristle lightly at his words.

"You either get both of us or neither, so." I zoned out again and didn't even flinch when they tried to attack each other. Finally Shigaraki stormed past us, and Dabi and I took our leave shortly after, being promised that we would be contacted at a later date.

"I don't like that guy," Dabi said, rubbing his neck and casually swinging his arm around my shoulders. I shrugged.

"Meh. Maybe he's just rough around the edges. Sounds familiar." He sighed at me and ruffled my hair.

"You always did see the good in everyone, mouse. Whether or not they deserve it." I chuckled wryly and the two of us continued on our way.

As promised, we heard back from Shigaraki's group soon after, and prepared to move into Shigaraki's compound. Dabi and I were used to being in a room together, and I had some anxiety about having my own room, but Shigaraki dismissed my fears with a wave of his hand and Dabi comforted me by saying that he was right down the hall if I needed him.

It was after a few months of working with him that I found myself alone with our leader. By that time he had caught my attention, and I found myself watching him constantly. He interested me, as despite how messed up he was, he never lied. Even Dabi lied to me, despite knowing that I would know if he lied. Shigaraki was honest, brutally honest, but I found myself being drawn to that. It didn't hurt that he was oddly attractive when he didn't have the hand on his face while we were relaxing. So when I found myself alone with our leader in the bar, I was curious as to what he would say. But I certainly didn't expect the question that came out of him.

"So, I don't normally care, but I'm really curious. What are you and Dabi to each other? Why did he say you have to come together?" My eyes went wide as I pondered how to answer. Then I sighed and shrugged.

"He's my best friend. And he's in love with me. We would never leave each other behind." Shigaraki raised his eyebrows at me.

"He's in love with you? How do you know that?" I raised my eyebrows right back at him.

"I asked. He told me. He knows he can't lie to me, so he doesn't about most things."

"And how do you feel about him?" I flinched a little.

"He's my best friend. Nothing more. And he knows that." Shigaraki nodded and went quiet. "You never lie to me," I stated. He smiled a little.

"What's the point? You'll just know the truth anyways." I chuckled.

"That's true." We sat in silence for another moment. I took a deep breath and turned to him. "I have a question." He motioned at me to continue. "How do you feel about me?" His eyes went wide and he thought for a moment.

"I don't know. But I enjoy talking with you. I'll admit I get angry when I see Dabi touching you and putting his arm around you like he does. And I hate that he calls you that nickname. 'Mouse.' As if you're something that small and weak." I looked at him.

"You don't think I'm small and weak?" He shook his head.

"Maybe at first. But you're tough. I can tell." He paused. "So why did you become a villain?" I smiled bitterly.

"Being a human lie detector, you see a lot. I'm sure you're not surprised by this, but a lot of heroes are liars. They say everything will be ok, but they don't really know. They say that they're just doing their job, and that the only reward is helping others, but they don't mean it. Frankly, I just got sick of all the liars. It's amazing how villains tend to be more honest than the good guys." Shigaraki looked at me thoughtfully.

"But you said that Dabi lies to you?" I sighed.

"Dabi hides the truth. And I've accepted that he isn't going to tell me until he's come to terms with his own past. But I still don't like that he lies instead of just saying that he doesn't want to talk about it. It's probably why I never fell for him." I grinned at Shigaraki wryly. "But you don't lie. I like that. If you don't want to talk about it, you don't lie, you just tell me to fuck off. I love how straight forward you are." I realized what I said and covered my mouth, but Shigaraki had chuckled and scooted closer to me.

"Tell me y/n. Are you by chance attracted to me?" Before I could say anything he had leaned over and kissed me, hard. I didn't hesitate to kiss back. Despite his chapped lips, it was very pleasant, and I found myself getting lost before the door burst open. I pulled away quickly and looked over to see Dabi in the doorway.

"Mouse?" He questioned, staring in disbelief. Then his face went flat and he walked away. Shigaraki smirked and kissed me again quickly before pulling away and gesturing in the direction that Dabi went.

"Might want to talk to him." I nodded and got up quickly, running to Dabi's room and pounding on the door. He pulled the door open and let me in, sitting on his bed.
"I'm so sorry," I started and he shook his head.

"Look mouse, I knew it wasn't going to be me. But him? Of all people, him?" I shook my head.

"Trust me Dabi, I wish it was you. It would have been so much easier if it was you." He glared at me.

"Then why him?" I shrugged helplessly.

"Why me? The heart wants what it wants, Dabi. None of us can help it." I sighed and he ran a hand through his hair.

"Just know if he hurts you I'll have to kill him." I smiled sadly.

"I know." He stood up and pulled me into a quick hug.

"Alright. Well go back to him, y/n." I hugged him back and nodded into his shoulder. Then I walked back to the bar to see Shigaraki sitting at the bar still, swirling a drink in a glass. He looked up when he heard me enter the room.

"So? Are you guys good?" I smiled.

"Better than good. Dabi and I kissed and made up, literally." He scowled.

"I hate you," he stated, pulling me in for another kiss. I smirked into it and murmured against his lips.

"Liar."