Chapter 2: Island of Steel

Start from the beginning

Captain Vansen scratched his head. "Oh... we've actually... never created a name for this world. Our knowledge of this world is not very extensive, you see, as we reside in the barbarian areas outside the civilized regions. Perhaps someone from a civilized country like the Parpaldian Empire can provide you an answer. Anyway, what is your objective here?"

"Our objective is to establish contact with local civilizations such as your nation of 'Qua Toyne' and initiate diplomacy. Several hours ago, while exploring the circumstances of our transfer, we sent a large aircraft to perform reconnaissance of this new planet: the RC-130. We sincerely apologize for intruding on your airspace."

"I see. Please excuse me, I must report our encounter to my superiors."

"Sure thing, Captain Vansen."

——

Principality of Qua Toyne

Qua Toyne Navy Headquarters

"Admiral! Priority transmission from the Second Fleet!" A communications officer burst into Admiral Hayvan's office.

Admiral Hayvan released a puff of smoke from his mouth as he tapped his cigar. "What is it?"

"Sir, Captain Vansen of the patrol vessel QTS Kraken reports that the strange flotilla they encountered originated from the country of the United States of America. An ambassador representing this nation has apologized for the airspace violation that took place earlier this morning, and has expressed a desire to initiate diplomatic talks with us." The communications officer then performed a double take, stuttering as he read the surprising report. "And... and the what? The country of the United States was transferred?"

"Hmm... Fascinating," Hayvan muttered as he released another puff of smoke. "Just like those legends of transferred countries eh? Maybe those folks from Mu weren't joking around after all," he sighed as he got up from his desk. "And on top of this news, to admit that they violated our airspace..."

He walked out the door, sniffing out his cigar before he left.

"Admiral, where are you going?"

"I'm going to the Capital! Our leaders are currently discussing the airspace violation that took place earlier this morning, and the implications of it. I must inform them of these new... developments."

——

Government Conference Area (Lotus Garden)

"What's with all the smoke?" A clerk coughed. "Sir! You can't enter this area; this meeting is only for authorized personnel!"

"My apologies, but I have urgent news regarding the earlier airspace violation!" Admiral Hayvan slipped past the clerk.

"Admiral Hayvan of the Second Fleet? What are you doing here?" an official gasped in shock.

"Well, well... Pleased to see you as well, Foreign Minister Matara."

Foreign Minister Matara stood up, preparing a barrage of insults and obscenities for the intrusion, but was stopped by a tall elf.

"Please, Foreign Minister. I'm interested in what he has to say." Prime Minister Kanata then turned to Admiral Hayvan. "I assume this is an urgent matter?"

"Indeed it is, Prime Minister," Hayvan bowed. "I apologize for the unexpected intrusion —"

Kanata held up a hand. "No worries, Admiral. Now, what is it you're here to inform us about?"

Hayvan saluted. "We received a report from the Second Fleet, saying that they've identified the faction which the unidentified aircraft belongs to. The aircraft that flew over Maihark this morning is a mechanical construct of the United States of America, and they have sent a fleet of metal ships to introduce themselves. On board their fleet is an ambassador, who has expressed sincere apologies for violating our airspace and a desire to conduct diplomatic talks."