구: Serendipity of Rain

Serendipity [noun]phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for

Serendipity [noun]
phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for

"You are me and I am you"

. . . . . .

It was often said that maybe, after all, every mortal was born with a piece of a fallen angel in their mind as God loved the angel so much that he wished to see him redeem himself through people. However, the fallen had so much greed carved into his soul that instead, he began to deviate every innocent soul that made a mistake to fall into his trap. He made a brother kill the other, destroyed families and covered the hands of innocent with blood. And he did it every second of every single day without a rest-except those days that it rained.

Because rain was a promise from the God that despite the disasters, everything would be fixed. Because rain either washed the sins away or revealed those that were forced to stay hidden.

Therefore, Park Jimin found his serendipity in the rainy days, on which his hands were washed alongside with his mind, which was corrupted. At least that was until he met Alice.

"You're mad."

She was the very first person that said it aloud at his face just before they started an argument. And the rest was crystal clear anyway- she became what others did; an art of flesh and blood.

And she was the last one that became a victim of Park Jimin or maybe Kim Seokjin, who wished the other's head off.

However, unlike others, Alice did not appear as a new friend in Jimin's imagination and many believed it was just a sign that either he went fully mad or there was a hope for him to find his sanity.

"Why did you kill Alice, Jimin?"

"Because...why not?"

Would they even believe in him if he said that in her eyes he saw his escape, his salvation? Would they believe if he confessed that he believed maybe if he did it one more time, she could get his place in the world of wonders and set him free?

Probably not.

And maybe that was why, despite the many claims that he went mad and there was no salvation for him, on rainy days, Jimin grabbed an umbrella and left his room to go outside. Then, he just stared at the emptiness- or so many thought- for a while.

"I'm sorry, Alice, but you'll love them," he whispered to the person only he could see before he turned his back and just left.

She was meant to take his place among all those people that went mad.

━━━━