칠: The Queen of Hearts

Queen of Hearts [noun]embodiment of insanity, blind fury

embodiment of insanity, blind fury

"For painting my roses red, someone will lose their head"

. . . . . . .

The friendship did not always have its beauty just because one side knew the other well enough. As the roots of the friendship were often formed through common benefits and that alone was more than enough for it to be toxic. Therefore, one needed a friend often when they felt lonely, but those he met in his vulnerable state, happened to be either a healer or an enemy.

Probably, it was just because Jimin was aware of that fact, he felt quite nervous. As he knew by then that after all the visits the boys did, only one person remained; the most toxic and venomous one. And he feared to face the other.

"You seem on the edge today," said the officer, who clearly noticed the different attitude Jimin displayed. As unlike before he did not sit by the window, did not even look outside or made comment about the weather.

Instead, Jimin sat at the very corner of the room, his hands on his lap and his eyes full of emptiness. He even appeared pale, maybe exhausted for some unknown reason.

"Do people you kill haunt you now?" asked the officer this time.

He did not appear to care what happened to Jimin, at least not sincerely. But it seemed like he really wished the nightmares to haunt the other, especially those that reflected a piece of memories, in which he created the art with flesh and blood.

Therefore, Jimin could not really say the officer was wrong. As it was not the nightmares of those, who were killed but about the killer that actually killed them, haunted Jimin even in his daydreams.

"What do you want to ask this time, officer?"

However, Jimin was not someone to tell others about his fears because he was well aware of the human's nature. If he dared to mention any kind of weakness, the other would definitely use it against him. It was kind of a must that everyone else did anyway.

"Will you answer me if I ask?"

The officer's statement almost caused Jimin to let out a frustrated groan as he began to get tired of their question game. Then again, he became part of it without any notice and knew he was one to blame as well.

"Go ahead," so he whispered and tilted his head up to look at the officer; a gesture that caught the other off guard. As it was quite new to see Jimin in such a state as he often avoided eye contacts and questions.

That day, however, he seemed brave.

"How did you kill Alice, Jimin?" asked the officer as he reached for the file and began to pull out the pictures of people one by one.

"And Jungkook?" he asked as he placed another picture on the table that stood between him and Jimin.

"Taehyung?" another picture found its way to the table. "Namjoon, Hoseok, Yoongi?"

The pictures stood in display in front of Jimin as he looked at them one by one. He did not remember Alice well if he had to admit but others; they were alive, he was sure of that.

"But they are alive," whispered Jimin as he ran his fingers through his hair and slightly messed it. "Each of them had been visiting me through the week," sighed Jimin and licked his dry lips before he tilted his head up to look at the officers once again.

"They're alive. I'm sure," he whispered, only to watch a frown appear on the officer's features before the man let out a deep sigh.

Then, much to Jimin's surprise, he pulled a chair forward and sat right across Jimin. He did not appear angry or annoyed; instead, there was something unreadable about him.

"Jimin," he called carefully, maybe for the first time using a gentle tone to talk. Then he just paused, maybe in search of right words to say.

"They're not alive. It's all in your mind."

The sound of the thunder made Jimin notice that it was rainy again. As until then he neither looked outside from the window nor had a chance to leave.

"No, they're alive," insisted Jimin, like a child that refused to believe in the cruel truth, like the angel that did not fall yet.

He parted his lips in a way to protest and claim that not everything happened in his mind. He wished to tell others that what he saw was the truth; no one was dead other than Alice. But he could not.

Every time Jimin made an attempt to talk, his words abandoned him and instead, caused his gaze to move towards the pictures. Such that, soon, Jimin began to look for every detail without a further question.

He noticed red, in blood, in attires of the boys. Everything was red, and then he heard the voice of the nightmare. He heard the voice that took his peace, his mind and even captured his soul.

"Off with his head."

Then the statement was completed by laughter. It rang through the room and caused Jimin's blood to freeze. Therefore, he could only look for the officers, just to see if any of them seemed as bothered as he, himself was.

Neither of them seemed to hear anything.

"Ah, our Jimin, you shouldn't expect them to hear me," said the voice that sounded so calm and friendly, yet brought nothing but fear to Jimin as he looked up and saw the familiar face of Kim Seokjin.

He wore red and had a pleased smile plastered on his lips as he talked once again;

"Did you forget that only you can see me?"

━━━━