사: The Dormouse

Dormouse [noun]proletariat, lethargic, wise                                                       

Dormouse [noun]
proletariat, lethargic, wise                                                       

"Just think of what the dormouse said... you've got wrong, Alice"

. . . . . .

It was a tough challenge for Jimin to part his way with Taehyung as the other behaved rather stubbornly and stayed for days. Jimin was not even quite sure how he did so or how he even managed to wander around without getting much attention of others. However, he could only handle Taehyung for a couple of days before he pointed the door and slipped a couple of words from his lips,

"Get out."

It was a simple order that did not often work out, at least Jimin knew that much. Yet, much to his surprise, Taehyung only grinned at him before he waltzed out of the door and allowed the silence to fall into the room. He did not say a goodbye, maybe because both he and Jimin knew that sooner or later they would meet again.

Then again, they never really parted their ways, did they?

Therefore, days after the departure of Taehyung, Jimin was once again pulled from his room and asked to meet the police officers. He was not given a chance to protest, not that Jimin would do such a thing as he did not really bother to talk to others. His hand was just grabbed and he was gently pulled through the corridor until he was allowed to sit in his usual seat, right beside the window.

"It's raining today," was the very first thing Jimin said as soon as his gaze moved out and he was greeted by the misty surface of the window. He even saw the raindrops that a bit aggressively hit the glass, yet did not make a comment about it as his attention was soon called by the officer.

"Yes, it's raining. But even it isn't enough to wash away the blood you shed," replied the officer as he ran his fingers through his hair and allowed a sigh to leave his lips. He then turned back to grab a file, opened it in a rushed manner and pulled out a new set of pictures. The pictures of death, which he soon placed on the table, right in front of Jimin.

"How many are out there, Jimin?" he asked with a stern tone, "how many of them did you kill?"

Jimin looked at the officer like a small child before he tilted his head down to catch the sight of the pictures. There he saw a young boy that lied on the ground, cruelly covered in his own blood And he did not even ask much because the officer talked enough for Jimin to understand that he was the one, who once again was claimed as the criminal behind.

"How are we going to solve this problem, Jimin?" asked the officer as he looked at the other once again.

He seemed exhausted, not only physically but also mentally, which Jimin noticed. Therefore, he decided to be a bit open this time and at least try to explain himself that, it was not he, who murdered the boy in the picture. So, Jimin parted his lips to talk, only to be interrupted by the voice that rang in his ears.

"Everyone wants some magical solution for their problem and everyone refuses to believe in magic.."

The soothing voice was impressive and was more than enough to put a smile on Jimin's plump lips. Such that he did not even miss a second the moment he heard the voice and tilted his head back, only to come face to face with a rather familiar male.

"Namjoon," called Jimin before he practically jumped on the other and gave him a hug that would remind one of a koala. His smile widened in a huge grin, his eyes took the shape of half moon that shined in the most beautiful night as Jimin tightened his hug, only to earn himself a laugh and a pat on the head.

"As much as I'm happy to see you as well, you need to allow me to breathe," chuckled Namjoon as he playfully messed the other's hair before he tilted his head up to look at officers.

"They seem as curious as you used to be," said Namjoon suddenly, only to muse a deep frown to claim a spot on Jimin's features. The shorter male even pulled back from the hug and looked at Namjoon with a questioning gaze.

"Used to?" repeated Jimin as a question. He seemed to be quite offended to hear such a comment which alarmed Namjoon and caused him to awkwardly look for the right words to talk.

"I mean, you used to be much more...muchier," said Namjoon as he awkwardly rubbed his nape. "You've lost your muchness."

The pause silence was more than enough for Jimin to grimace his face and use his flesh for a mirror of his emotions to display how he was not pleased with what he heard.

His cheeks and neck were flushed and his lips were shaped in a protesting pout as Jimin acted like a child that was scolded by his family. Therefore, Namjoon was fast to catch up with the situation and came up with an instant suggestion, which he hoped would at least bring a smile to Jimin's features.

"Would you like an adventure now, or shall we have our tea first?"

A cup of tea and adventure had always been something Namjoon suggested whenever he caught the sadness behind Jimin's eyes or the mood swings the other went through. And often those worked just enough to make Jimin forget his problems and relax with a cup of tea and a nice conversation. He even allowed Namjoon to ask riddles, which sometimes took him days to answer, sometimes much more time to fail at it.

"I don't think they have tea around, Namjoon,." said Jimin as he finally allowed his face to relax and took a quick glance from the officers, who surprisingly did not even talk whenever one of the boys visited him. They just sat and watched them with bewildered expressions on their features.

"Really? How do they even survive without tea?" mused Namjoon before he found his way towards the table, around which stood chairs that he could sit on.

However, as Namjoon approached the table and caught the sight of the pictures, he could not help but found himself frowning at it. As, those pictures were not so cruel, yet still captured the blood covered flesh that seemed rather familiar to him.

"Why do they have pictures of Jungkook?" asked Namjoon as he sincerely reflected his confusion through the tone he used. Even his face changed and displayed the horror he felt until Jimin just tilted his head to give the other a bizarre look.

"That's not Jungkook," said Jimin before he shook his head. He did not even expect Namjoon to question him further once he stated the fact and watched how clearly the other's shoulders fell in relief.

"That scared me. I thought something happened to him," mused Namjoon before he looked at Jimin. "Have I gone mad?"

Jimin paused, surprised to hear such a question. Yet, it did not take much effort of his to let a smile replace his frown.

"I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers," said Jimin as he chuckled. "But I'll tell you a secret," said Jimin as he covered his mouth with the back of his palm. "All the best people are."

And then, it took seconds for a grin to appear on Namjoon's lips; a sincere and innocent grin that reminded Jimin even if he was older, Namjoon was as a child as he was.

"Do you want me to ask a riddle?" said Namjoon even if the way he sat made Jimin believe that he would ask it no matter what.

"Go ahead," so said Jimin as he accepted the challenge. Then, he watched a proud smirk climb at the left corner of Namjoon's lips as he talked;

"Why is a raven like a writing-desk?"

━━━━

A/N: For those who couldn't understand the last line, "Why is a raven like a writing desk?"; it's actually the most famous riddles of Mad Hatter from "Alice in wonderland". Thank you.