Chapter 9: Back in my Life

"Lia. Look at me," Stiles instructed when he noticed my eyes scanning the crowd. I looked at him with an anxious expression.

"Who was it you saw that has you this worried?" he asked me concerned.

"My dad. You have to get me out of here. If he saw me, which I'm sure he did, he's gonna try to follow me home. You have to get me out of here and home safely without seeing," I practically begged him on the verge of tears.

"Hey, hey. Look, I'm gonna go grab our bags and then we can leave. Stay as close to Coach as you can. He can't touch you if you're by him," he instructed putting me close to Coach. I nodded and made my way towards him.

"Hey Coach. What time is practice again tomorrow?" I asked Coach to try and start a conversation.

"After school. We're gonna go over more drills. And possibly run the field," he answered. I nodded awkwardly and looked to the side, seeing my dad by the bleachers.

"Mylly. C'mon let's go while the crowd's still pretty packed," Stiles whispered in my ear. I nodded and started walking to Stiles' jeep. I was shaking badly once we got in. God please don't ket me have a panic attack now. This is not the perfect time.

"Stiles roll down the windows," I commanded looking at him while breathing heavily. He did just that and looked at me worriedly.

"Mylia. What's going on?" he asked me.

"It's a panic attack. I have to get out of here." I started breathing irratically now and it's getting harder to stop it.

"Ok. Breathe Myll. Breathe," Stiles said doing the breathing techniques. I tried to imitate him, but it just got harder.

"God I wish we didn't move," I complained starting to cry.

"Why's that?"

"My anchor.I haven't been here long enough to find another one. My grandpapa was my anchor and he's not here to help," I cried even harder. I don't think Stiles has ever been in this situation, so he did the first thing that I'm sure came to his mind. He kissed me.