Chapter Five

The next day I wake up ask myself 50 million questions on what went wrong. Even though he did text me that he got home I couldn't help but feel that I messed things up. I stared blankly at the ceiling. Suddenly I hear my door creek open slowly.

"Hey." Whispers. "Are you up?"

It's violet. Trying to find out the details of last night not doubt.

"Yeah." I respond.

"I brought you some coffee." She says as she rests the hot mug on my nightstand.

"Thanks." I pause to sit up and grab the cup of coffee and take a sip. "Go ahead ask."

"I wasn't going to but...Ok how was it?" Eagerly awaiting the details.

"It was good. He was charming as always." I say with sadness in my voice.

"Just good? Doesn't sound like it from your tone, Dahlia. What happened?"

"I don't know." I say glaring out my bedroom window thinking back to last night.

"Well at least did you kiss him?"

"Yeah."

"And?" She wait patiently for my response.

"Well, it was one of the best kisses of my life." I sigh and sink my head down.

"Oh so he's a good kisser?" She gets excited.

"Yeah yeah but it was something more than that. I can't explain it." I shake my head.

"So what happened that you're so bummed?" She raises her hands in question.

"I brought up the kiss while we were driving home asking if he felt there was something more to it. And he just got really quiet and closed off. I think I weirded him out." I let out while looking down into my coffee cup as if it'll give me answers.

"I think you're being paranoid. Guys are like that sometimes. They don't like talking about that stuff. I'm sure you're making this out to be more than it is." She says with such profound knowledge.

"Maybe.I just don't know. I already like him a lot and I don't want to mess this up."

"I know. But you need to relax and stop overthinking." She places her hand on my shoulder.

Story of my life I think to myself.

"Anyway. Where's mom ? Did you get anything out of her?"

"She went to the shop with David. And of course she didn't budge. Why don't you hit up Finn? I'm sure he can dig up some dirt."

Finn was my cousin in Ireland. Pretty much the only one I really keep in touch with anymore. We are two peas in a pod. When I first met Finn I knew instantly he was my family. We were so much a like and really the only one of my cousins I got a long with.

"Yeah I guess I could."

"Do it!" She demands.

"I will. I'm gonna finish my coffee and jump in the shower first."

I finish my last sip and drag myself to the bathroom trying to wash away my embarrassment of last night. She's right I need to stop being so paranoid. I make my way back to my bedroom and pick out a light sweater and pair of jeans. Maybe today is a good day to get lost in a book and drown everything else out.

"Oh Dahlia!!!" I hear a yell from downstairs.

"What?" I scream back to Violet.

"You have a gentleman visitor!!!" She sings.