Chapter Four: Missionaries - Blazing Path (2)

Start from the beginning

"No... No! I, I...! This isn't what I wanted!" Ryota slowly falls to the ground and starts to cry at what is happening because of his mistake. He closed his eyes and covered his ears to block out the screams that were getting so loud that he couldn't handle it anymore. The Exception screams. In response, more corpses rise from the graves.

"Oh my! Holy crap! Jackpot, baby!! The Holy Grail's had many owners, so who'd come out was always gonna be a gamble... But this...!" Nyarlathotep listens with rapt attention to the screaming Exception, its leg pierced by a white lance.

"Pitting the Holy Grail against the Holy Lance was right on the money! Yeah, baby! Lady luck is on my side! I'm on a roll, baby! Hold on to your hats, 'cause the fun is just getting started! Stay tuned for the climax after a word from our sponsors!" Nyarlathotep had a wild smile on his face as he looked at everything that was happening with excitement. He looks over at the many dragons and Ophion who were still here but slowly getting surrounded by the undead Angel Transient.

"All hands, retreat to the Hills! We will not engage with that monster. It does not seem to have any airborne minions yet. I'm glad I secured a few escape routes. Now, what will you do, King of Beasts? That thing is, without a doubt..." Ophion looks at the Exception for a few seconds before leaving with his dragons' minions.

With Masato....

"Hey, what's going on?! They won't stop coming out of the ground!" Kengo was attacking the endless armies of the undead Angel Transient and I was helping him out but they just kept coming from the graves that were surrounding us.

"They're just like zombies!" I really hope that getting bitten by one won't make me just like them or something like that. I rather not become a zombie even if that would be cool in some weird way...

"Zombies! Then they're the ones who were laid to rest in the Aoyama Cemetery..." Shiro was mumbling to himself as he looked at the zombies that kept on attacking us. I made sure that I was in front of him so that nothing would end up attacking him.

"Yes. They are our brethren whose time has come before us. Their bodies... have been reanimated. Reanimated corpses... Otherwise known as the undead. The Exception is reviving our fallen Transient brethren buried here in the Aoyama Cemetery. I have seen something similar happen before in another world." Arsalan didn't seem to be that surprised about the Exception and was taking down all the undead Transient with ease.

"Another world? Just who are you, Arsalan?" Shiro sounded very curious about Arsalan's background and I wonder if that would be helpful with our current situation of undead enemies who just keep coming and coming.

"I have traveled across many worlds, so I'm just a bit more experienced than you cubs. You see... Ah, we'll save the talking for later, cubs! The most troublesome thing about that undead army is... Uh-oh!" Arsalan looks over at a guild member who was attacked by an undead Transient who lets out a pained scream.

Overcome by the zombies, one of the Aoyama Guild angels falls. And then... "Aaaaarrrrggggh!" When the Exception screams, the fallen angel rises once again, injured and bloody.

"Aaaaaarrrrggghh! Hur... t....s! It... hurts!" The angel's soul refuses to leave its body, instead joining the nightmare force as a member of the undead. The zombification spreads to surrounding corpses like a plague. It quickly infects the entire area.

"They're multiplying?! They can increase their numbers by reanimating their fallen enemies?!" Shiro looked on at the countless undead Transients who were being brought back alive due to the Exception power. It really seems a bit unfair at how many enemies we were getting surrounded by.