Eli then put me in bed and tuck me in. His beautiful smile really did reduce the pain at the back of my head. He then headed to his closet and put on a few ornaments on his slinging wear.

"I'll be downstairs. Just yell or something if you need me," Eli said.

"Don't worry," I chuckled, "I will be coming down before you know it."

He shot another soft smile at me. We stared into each other for a hot second, before he left the room, and closed the door behind him.

I heard Eli said something after he walked down the stairs, but his voice was muffled. A few seconds later, Doc and Strange, alongside a few Fandangoes, visited me. I smiled at them as they greeted me. I repositioned my body on the bed before they started to perform their magic on me.

...
"You good?" Mia asked as I stuffed a spoonful of cereal into my mouth, feeling extremely exhausted and hungry after the healing process. "Eli told us everything."

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine," I said with food in my mouth. "I will be good to go on the mission."

"You sure about that?" Trixie asked concernly. "It's best for you to stay if you're not physically fit, or else you may get hurt, or even worse, not trying to be rude but you might be a burden to the team."

"I won't Trix," I said. "The headache is gone, thanks to the slugs. I will be fine."

A purple palm smacked onto my forehead and I sighed in slight annoyance.

"No fever. Should be fine!" Pronto announced proudly.

"Thank you!" I thanked him sarcastically.

"Kord!" Eli yelled, banging on the garage door. "Alessia is almost done, we got to go!"

"One more minute!" Kord yelled at the other side of the door, followed by a few rustling of metal from inside the garage.

"That's what you said half an hour ago!" Mia added as she stood up from the couch she was sitting on and headed over to join Eli.

"You've been working in the garage for the entire night Kord! Since twelve midnight! What are you doing in there? Laying eggs? Hiding a girlfriend?" Mia further questioned as I put on my bandoleer and attached my staff blaster to my suit.

"Working on some mecha updates again?" I asked casually as the rest of us joined Eli at the door.

"Did someone say mecha updates?" Prono questioned, his eyes brightened up.

"Take your time, Kord! Make sure my mecha look... stunning!" he continued, and posed dramatically when he said the last word.

"And... it's done! Ready for the big reveal?" Kord yelled excitedly as the garage door started to creak open. Pronto let out a sharp yelp, held his hands together near the nape of his neck as we awaited the garage door to ascend. The mechas claws finally came to sight. Determined to look at the new upgrades, we lessened the gap between us and our beasts. Their four limbs came to sight, then their main bodies, then their heads.

Nothing changed.

"They look exactly the same," Mia noted. "Like always," Trixie said casually as we walked over and mounted our own mechas.

"So, Kord, what is it that you have been working on for so long?" Eli questioned as he petted Lucky, spotting no difference in him.

"You will have to figure it out when we get to Undertow Cavern," Kord replied, wearing a proud mechanic's smile.

I hopped onto Dalinda and she started to wag her tail.

"Oh right. Everyone has the upgrade except for Dalinda. I can't seem to place any upgrades on her. She's not built to be altered," Kord said as he looked at my mecha.